School allocation date - Anyone getting anxious?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caz

Post by caz »

thanks phil as u have seen i not making up my comment about feeding him to wolfs parklands is awful school ;why should i put him there after years of hard work he will just lose it in the 1st week !!well done to every1 who has got places ,my net still not working still useing my phone net so cant read this thread properly !wot a time to have no net !but i posted the waitin list /appeal form today and refused the offer !!!!
Mike_Reed

Help whats likely chances of appeal or reserve list

Post by Mike_Reed »

Hi, Help

My daughter is 18th on the waiting list when I rang the school to find out about the offer of places. :(
Whats the real likelihood I will get a place for her :shock:

She and I are gutted we like around 6.7 miles and scored 395 on the exam results.

Mik.............a new forum user very down at the moment !! :(
tirlam

Post by tirlam »

Mike which school??
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

For anyone considering appeal we used a very good book last year to plan my nieces appeal ( overturned non qual but not oversubscription sadly!) but book was very useful. Not sure if I am allowed to give name and author though- could moderator advise?
TraffordMum

Re: Help whats likely chances of appeal or reserve list

Post by TraffordMum »

Mike_Reed wrote:Hi, Help

My daughter is 18th on the waiting list when I rang the school to find out about the offer of places. :(
Whats the real likelihood I will get a place for her :shock:

She and I are gutted we like around 6.7 miles and scored 395 on the exam results.

Mik.............a new forum user very down at the moment !! :(
I think 18th gives you a strong chance of getting a place in due course. There will be a number of girls holding offers from AGGS who will go to Withington/Man High instead. Most of these girls will currently be at preps but some will be a state primaries. I don't have a daughter involved this year but last year when DD2 got into AGGS I can think of 7 girls to my knowledge who turned down AGGS for Withington/Man High. Don't panic yet. AGGS was admitting girls right up until September last year.
Mike_Reed

AGSG waiting list

Post by Mike_Reed »

Hi thanks for your supportive advice I can now relax a little - in the cold light of the day it doesnt seem that harsh :roll:

My duaghter applied to AGSG its sometimes harsh when the boys AGSB admission results are based on scores for those outside immediate catchment area.

I just hope many parents got through independant/private schools- its too costly for me although my daughter was offered a place at MGSG

Does any one know why so many places where offered last year at AGSG - it seems like many more than the 174 places - confused dad :?:
philosophical

Re: AGSG waiting list

Post by philosophical »

[quoteDoes any one know why so many places where offered last year at AGSG - it seems like many more than the 174 places - confused dad :?:[/quote]

gutted for you...395 brilliant..you must be very proud...for the last 2 years.....they had an extra class..mainly due to appeals 2 years ago..but head was adamant that this could not happen this year..lack of space..

we thought we had a chance of getting in cos we live on the same road 8,1 miles as a girl at aggs..however she probably only got in as a result of the xtra class

have you got alternatives?
TraffordMum

Re: AGSG waiting list

Post by TraffordMum »

Mike_Reed wrote:
Does any one know why so many places where offered last year at AGSG - it seems like many more than the 174 places :?:
There are 203 girls in each of Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 at AGGS, ie an extra form of 29 per year (7 forms in total). The current Year 11 is only a 6 form entry year and I think the view is that they must replace like with like. They already have quite a few temporary classrooms and there isn't room to add any more. I'm sure that must be very galling for you.

Re the differences in place allocation between Alty Boys and Alty Girls - AGGS believes it is more important to assist siblings to gain places at the school than to differentiate on score. I think I'm right in saying that, if you have a sibling rule in place, then you can't also have a highscoregetsinfirst rule. Hence why a sib with a bare 334 passmark could get in ahead of a 423 scorer with no elder sister who lives closer.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now