stetford grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Is the deposit a horrific amount? I know it's not ideal, but you could still pursue Kingsway, Parrswood etc. having secured a place at NC.
Gman

Post by Gman »

North Cestrian is a great school. I know many people that went or are going there. They have small class sizes, and give the kids a lot of one to one attention.

The downside is that you have to pay fees.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

By the way Caz, we know someone who wanted Kingsway recently but was not allocated a place because they lived just out of catchment (all their childs' friend were to be going). They basically told the LEA or school (not sure which) that they would be buying the uniform and would be sending their child to the school on the first day of term. Miraculously a place was found!!!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

just one thing. The deposit might not be much, but just check that you are not liable to a terms fees if you turn down the place at a later date. I saw this had happened on another section of the site.

Did they indicate whether and how much bursary would be available?

It can't hurt to put down for waiting lists for any schools, and then monitor progress. Kids do drop out.

School not mentioned St Annes Heaton Chapel Stockport? Intakes haven't been huge in the past. Its our catchment school, and improving year on year with some excellent individual GCSE results. Its Catholic but they might consider if they have place.

I went on the open day twice and it was an option for us behind Priestnall (good results but very oversubcribed). From Wythenshawe I imagine you can get 1 bus to Stockport and then either walk (its not thats far) or another bus (very frequent).

Keep on keeping on Caz and I am sure you will get something you are happy with.

x
caz

Post by caz »

agsb !lets really funny!i am going to appeal and get put on the waiting lists ive already done it for 2 schools,and you just have to give written notice before a certain date with nc
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Good, you have a plan. Sure something will turn up and you have nc as a back up. :D

You might marry a millionaire or win the lottery and all your problems over, if you do find a nice friend for me :lol: :lol:
caz

Post by caz »

ha ha with my luck that will never happen sorry tm u,ll have to find yr own friend the ones i seem to get are never any good ha ha enough said on that 1 we dont want this thread turning into a single mum thread haha !no they havnt said how much bursery i cud get i just have to apply and hope for the best!!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

was only kidding caz I have a lovely one here at home, though they all have their moments!!! :D

Sure it will all work out for you and lets hope nc come through with the bursary xx

keep us updated
caz

Post by caz »

yeh i will