Class of Sept 2010- New Year 7's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TIDDLYMUM

Class of Sept 2010- New Year 7's

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

How is everyones DC'S getting on? I must say I miss the chats on the forum. What with no catching up at the school gates ( actually not really as I had a child minder for pick up but you know what I mean) and being out of the house so early, I now have little contact with other parents....

Good luck for St Ambrose/Loreto on Sat and Sale the week after for this years children.
TraffordMum

Re: Class of Sept 2010- New Year 7's

Post by TraffordMum »

It is a big change when our kids go off to secondary school and become so much more independent, I agree.

How is your son liking Alty Boys?
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi TM

Thanks, yes he loves it!

I thought he would find the early mornings a trial but he seems fine. He is very organised and is getting him homework done promptly without asking.

He seems to have made some friends and has grown up about 3 years in 3 weeks!

TM
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Hi

TM I'm with you, the site has gone quiet after the anxiety and jubilation of our DC's gaining their places.

My DC has also settled in tremendously and thoroughly enjoying the new school life. Its hard to imagine that 12months ago we were just sitting the exam and beginning the long journey. Anxious days waiting for the results followed by the months waiting for allocation day, I personally thought February was THE most longest month ever ... :lol:
It has to be said, the stress, grey hairs and rehab were totally and utterly worth the outcome. Scepticism at the school gates fall by the wayside and I would encourage any parent to give it a shot.

The days are longer, but in fairness probably not much longer than the local school, but the joy in my DD's face when she comes home with updates on that days events and the enthusiasm to do her homework is nothing but a shear delight to see. As for growing .. My baby looks so grown up! :)

Long may our Dc's continue to enjoy their respective schools and the opportunities is brings. Boy it was worth it! ( I still pinch myself ).

Best of luck to anyone sitting the exams this weekend, and fingers crossed for anyone already sat waiting for the results.

ALM
X
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

What a lovely message A L M perhaps now just Loreto Mum :D ?

Another joy of high school, just pulled a smelly rugby kit out of an equally smelly sports bag... :lol:
Gman

Post by Gman »

Daughter thoroughly enjoying AGGS.

Mornings no problem. Evenings differest story. She is very tired with all activities and homework.
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

My daughter is mostly enjoying AGGS! :D Like Gman's daughter she is really tired after school, and we have had a few tears after tea when she just seems to hit a wall of tiredness.

She is enjoying the classes, NOT enjoying the homework :D and is sometimes still a bit wobbly about it - especially when she has been spending time with her old friends who are all, mostly, at our local comp.

I think that knowing nobody was a bit overwhelming for her and she is still finding her feet, but it's getting better and better.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Glad to hear that your DS's/DD's seem to settling in OK.

First couple of weeks at AGSB were a bit hit and miss for us - some good days and some not so good. Overall now though he seems very happy, and appears to have made some nice friends from his form. Also we don't have to prod him too much to do his homework so far, which in itself is a huge change from before - he was a bit of a lazy toad where homework was concerned!!!

My better half & I went to the parents' get to know you evening last week, which was a nice idea. Only got 14/20 in the quiz though!!

He's off to PGL in a couple of weeks. It's not just his life that completely changed - it's the whole family's!!

Fingers crossed for all those going through the exams this year...
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I missed the parents night as I was on a business trip :(

Glad he has settled in. And my son is very much looking forward to the trip.

I know what you mean about the whole families life changing, I am out of the house at five past seven everyday :shock:

But I am hoping it will get easier with time.....
used2beroche

Post by used2beroche »

DD1 just started Loreto.

She was excited at first - but now shes tired a lot - she's out the door at 7:25 each day to catch the train and doesn't get home till 5:20 or later if shes doing hockey or netball.

She used to leave home at 8:45 and be back in by 3:20!

Also making lots of friends - and even had a day out with a new friend and her family last Saturday! Its a bit scary letting her go off with complete strangers for the day - thank goodness for mobile phones!

Struggling a bit with the volume of homework - simply because shes so tired shes ready for bed by 8pm most nights - but I'm sure she will get used to it.

I am struggling more having one in primary and one in secondary - lots more running round - hopefully DDs passes Loreto exam she took last saturday and then they will be together again next year.

Interesting to see how the children adapt really isn't it?

Just proves what I have always said about how much we underestimate our children s capabilities!

Claire