Results - St Ambrose, Alty, Sale

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TIDDLYMUM

Re: Results - St Ambrose, Alty, Sale

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I have been following this thread with interest. My son attends a local state primary, he passed all the exams that he took as did most of his friends. I don't know many prep school children, but the one I do know passed AGSB and Sale despite being considered to be fairly low down the class. I also know quite a few out of area boys who passed AGSB but are not expecting to get a place as the school are only intending to have a 6 class intake as usual in 2011 having over offered places in 2009 and therefore being forced to take 223 boys and form 7 classes (split into 8 smaller classes at the start of Yr8)
My son started at AGSB in September and we are out of area. They only took 6 classes this year about 168 . Even so quite a lot of out of area boys got places ( anyone with score 350 or over, I think or maybe 349).
Zed 1

Post by Zed 1 »

In 2009 AGSB, I think, offered the same number of places as usual. Each year some offers are refused for other schools, including independents. That year - maybe due to the recession - the headteacher said very few people refused offers. As these offers had already been made, the school had to include an extra class. For one year class sizes were bigger than usual.
bertie

Post by bertie »

Gosh that's amazing, St A have gone all the way down to Cat 9 this year, I don't think that has ever happened before. However, I do know 2 boys who are in Cat 9 who have not got places and they live in Trafford less than a mile away from the school, I wonder what the lowest mark that they have taken is?