grammar school review/appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

saleiron

Re: grammar school review/appeal

Post by saleiron »

We got an early and wonderful christmas present last week: A letter from St Ambrose college, explaining that their admissions committee have conducted a review of all papers within 2 marks of a pass and that our Ds paper has now been revised to a pass mark and so is eligible to be considered for a place. Another boy in his class who had missed by 2 marks also got a similar letter. So it appears that unlike sale and altrincham boys the review of marginal papers is done at the time of assembling the admissions list to go to the LEA. Thankfully its great news for us and does save us an agonising wait until March. N :D eedless to say DS is ecstatic after the heartbreak of October. Happy New Year!! I'll admit to craking open the Champagne a bit early this year.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

That's great news, saleiron! Congratulations. I hope that everyone who received the good news had put St Ambrose on their CAFs and hadn't been put off by the original result.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

That's such good news, so pleased for you!!!! In fact I' ll have a drink for you now!!! :D :D
catmum

Post by catmum »

Wonderful news for you! I'm glad the school seems to have changed their process (slightly) to at least account for those with very close marks, a step in the right direction and a great result for you :D
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now