Good luck for March 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TIDDLYMUM

Good luck for March 1st

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Good luck to all those awaiting allocations next week. It only seems 5 mins since we were anxiously awaiting the e mail or post. Hope everyone gets what they want and that appeals work out for those who follow that route .
emsy

Re: Good luck for March 1st

Post by emsy »

Thank you. Two years ago the email came just after 5pm on allocation day - does anyone know if it was similar last year? I will try to resist sitting at the computer refreshing emails from the minute I get up!
used2beroche

Post by used2beroche »

Apparently - they like to release results after the primary school day has ended - as some parents in the past have called school and insisted on telling their little darlings good or bad news during the day which causes havoc.

Last year I got the email 6 times!! The first one arrived at 4:40pm on the first. So I shall resist the urge to look until I get home from work.

Fingers crossed for all!

I'm relaxed this year with Jas being in category 2 for Loreto - but both of us will still be happy to see it in black and white.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Forgot about you doing it this year as well! As you say you will be fine- but good to see the proof anyway. Its a lot quieter this year on here isn't it?

Hows your elder girl getting on- still enjoying it?
emsy

Post by emsy »

Thanks used2beroche - I won't start looking until after school. We shouldn't have a problem - we are well inside the catchment area for the school (Sale Grammar) and they seem to have taken all catchment children for the last few years but I want to see it in writing to be certain.
used2beroche

Post by used2beroche »

It is quiet this year - I cant believe it either.

This time last year we were all panicking - its much easier for me 2nd time round.

DD1 loves Loreto - she is so happy - and the teachers say she is doing well - and the commute is not phasing her now. Its amazing how independent they get during year 7. Quite sad really :(

My little one (or not so little now!) - who did fantastically well in the 11 plus to my immense surprise - has just got great results in her practice SATS too - straight 5A's - once again to my surprise! I think she was a late bloomer as she is an August baby - but she seems to have really got it together now.

Thanks for asking

C
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Your little one did great, you have two clever girls. :D

The older ones have come a long way. On my sons first day, I phoned school to make sure he had got there..... for Gods sake!!!!! :shock: Bet they thought I was a nutcase!!! I also stood at the bus stop till the bus left for the first week- now he would be mortified. These days, I chuck him out halfway down the road and get myself to work.

Good luck to those waiting for tomorrows news ***
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Good luck, today, all. I hope you get the schools you want :)
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

Good luck today everyone!

We had bad news this time last year, and Manchester lea didn't manage to send any emails, so I remember having a little cry before my daughter came home. Then she got in after the first round of acceptances/rejections - it was a bit of a rollercoaster. And I've got to do it again next year ... and two years after that ... and three years after that! :o :D

It is so much quieter than last year - maybe this year's parents are all super calm and confident!
splane

Post by splane »

Hi everyone

Just to say the results are now available to view on Cheshire East's website - they had some problems earlier...

and the great news is my son has been offered a place at St Ambrose. :)

Good luck to everyone and thank you for all the advice I've received on this website.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now