out of catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
flossey

out of catchment

Post by flossey »

Hi All, new to forum and so many questions!
We are out of catchment area for AGSB and SGS. Do they have a certain percentage of places for out of area or are all the places filled with catchment ? I understand you have to get high pass if you are out of area? Also if we do pass both entrance exams can you put one for 1st choice and the other for 2nd? Realistically what are the chances of getting a place if you are out of area?
sorry for so many questions! :?: :o
TIDDLYMUM

Re: out of catchment

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hello and welcome
My son is out of area and just finishing Y7 at AGSB.

For AGSB, anyone in area attaining the passmark of 334 who wants a place should get one. For out of area places are allocated on score. This year for Sept 2011 starters I believe the out of areas places were offered from 355 onwards. Last year it was 351 and year before about 348, so it has gone up year on year presumably because of demand! There are lots of out of area boys at school.

For Sale not sure how it works but I know quite a few out of area children so again it is do-able. Also St Ambrose took a good few non Catholics this year presumably the higher scorers. I think their future intake is planned to increase to fill the bigger school. Worth thinking about?

Where do you live?
flossey

Post by flossey »

many thanks for reply. We live in Bramhall which is 11.9 miles on route finder but not sure as the crow flies. your answers are very helpful. My son is keen to take the entrance exams and has a tutor, although only recently, and i asked her honestly if she thought he would be able to cope with work should he get in and she seems to think he would be fine(i didn't want to push him and then him struggle once there) so we are giving it a go. Any tips would be graefully received. :D
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

There are others at school from Bramhall, I am from Stockport too. Will Pm you later.
flossey

Post by flossey »

thanks tiddlymum :D
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
flossey

Post by flossey »

thanks Elphaba :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now