Pass mark and total score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
madsdad

Re: Pass mark and total score

Post by madsdad »

Last edited by madsdad on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tao

Post by Tao »

I think Alty girls and boys standardise against their own marks not national ones, so Loreto could be doing that for their Maths paper.
punkyfish

Post by punkyfish »

Theoretically it would be possible to standardise bespoke tests against their tests of previous years, though if not using GL tests or some other organsiations they would need to do that themselves, and the confidence one could pass on the results would depend on how many years worth of data there was available. AGSB standardise against their own cohorts though (not nationally) hence their pass mark of 334 even though anadotally people say that is the hardest one to pass. May be the best thing is to give the school admissions a ring and ask them what the max score is and how it is comprised and standardised?
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

I rang the school just before the rsults were out and the admissions secretary told me that all four papers were considered and the writing paper was not a borderline review piece.

I am still confused as the marks do not seem to reflect this. I defo think a call to the office for more detailed information would be a good idea!
StrictlyGin

Post by StrictlyGin »

I can't see how the creative writing piece can be standardised , the NFER english paper and VR paper will most likely be standardised .

For me mixing standardised scores with non standardised numbers is nonsensical , but thats the nuns for you !
StrictlyGin

Post by StrictlyGin »

I have heard that the maximum potential score is 449 , VR, English and Math standardised , but the creative writing is not . I have no confirmation of this though. At least one child achieved 439.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now