Tutors in Sale for YR 6 SATS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JMG

Tutors in Sale for YR 6 SATS

Post by JMG »

Hi, I am looking for a tutor in the Sale area to improve my ds yr 6 SATS levels. I am especially looking for someone with experience in English. If anyone knows of anyone suitable and available I would be extremely grateful if they could PM me. Thanks!
katel

Re: Tutors in Sale for YR 6 SATS

Post by katel »

Can I ask why you want to improve his SATS levels?
JMG

Re: Tutors in Sale for YR 6 SATS

Post by JMG »

To be honest it's not just about improving his SATS levels, it's about him fulfilling his potential. He was unsuccesful in his chosen Grammar school but succesful in another, therefore we are contemplating appealing. However, we are aware the chances of success at an appeal are slim, even though we do have extenuating circumstances and our other option would then be to enter our ds in for the 12 + next year if that is what he wanted to do. At the end of the day it would all depend on the school allocation. Our ds did not have a tutor for the entrance exams and with hindsight I was probably naive to think that I could offer him all the support he required. He is a bright boy but lacking in confidence, and I feel with a little 1 to 1 support for an hour a week he is capable of achieving his potential.