AGGS Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jugglermum

AGGS Waiting list

Post by jugglermum »

Last edited by jugglermum on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
overanxious

Re: AGGS Waiting list

Post by overanxious »

I'm not sure how that works :? I thought they made offers to the nearest 174 girls who passed. Some of those will have rejected the offers, and then other girls will have been offered the places. They don't offer to everyone who passes.

Two years ago my daughter was 8th on the list on allocation day and we got a letter offering her a place in mid-May I think. Fingers crossed for your friend and her daughter.
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Last edited by jugglermum on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ticktock

Post by ticktock »

x
Last edited by ticktock on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eacb.2

Post by eacb.2 »

That's fantastic news for you and your daughter! We had our appeal last week and are now just waiting ..... . Hopefully though if 2 have been offered off the waiting list more places will come up! ( not holding my breath though )
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Congratulations Ticktock! That is good news for you and your daughter and it also means that everyone else moves a little bit nearer the top :-)

No news for my friend though so it is moving slowly but at least it has. I suspect some are still sitting on offers so all is not lost yet.

Thanks for the update

Good luck to all others waiting

x
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

Has anyone had any news re places on the waiting list recently. Seems to be moving very slowly perhaps because it is only a 6 form entry this year. :? I hope no one is sitting on offers who have already taken up an independent place. :twisted:
eacb.2

Post by eacb.2 »

I am fast running out of hope that any places are going to come up off WL at AGGS! Our poor daughter feels really in limbo as she hopes to go with her sister but has just had a taster day at the school she actually has a place at. Don't see why it takes so long to give an answer re appeal either. If it truly is an independent panel and they can over rule school what difference does it make what happens on July 3rd appeals. If our daughters case was strong enough in May then what happens that day should have no bearing on whether she gets an offer or not.

Rant over!
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

Whilst I understand it is frustrating to wait so long as we are in the same position. It would be unfair if the appeals panel made any decisions until every case has been heard as otherwise the later appeals would be at a disadvantage.

The main problem is that the appeals panel could not agree on three days closer together to convene. So everyone could get their decision earlier :(

Being cynical they could have chosen this late date because they had organised only the appeals for in catchment and qualified for this date so then appeals may not have had to take place at all as they may have all been offered places from waiting list.
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

CarpeDiem wrote:Being cynical they could have chosen this late date because they had organised only the appeals for in catchment and qualified for this date so then appeals may not have had to take place at all as they may have all been offered places from waiting list.
Being very cynical, they could easily have found 3 days closer together if they hadn't had to select panel members who didn't bother asking the school rep any questions and got rid of the parents as soon as possible ...

(yes, I will be complaining in mid-July :twisted: )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now