Eton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rimi01

Eton

Post by rimi01 »

Hi,
Am new to this forum, so apologies if I post any topic that is already discussed.
I just wanted to know from Trafford moms if anyone ever considered Eton as an option? I know we prepare for MGS, AGBS (I have a son, so speaking of boys schools only) etc, but is Eton in our radar?
If someone has applied and gone through the process, please do let me know.
Many Thanks
Rimi

PS: My son is in Y 3, going to be in Y4 soon. So I have time to prepare and research.
hermanmunster

Re: Eton

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Rimi .. not actually that much time!

your son must be registered by the age of 10 yrs 6 months and be pre tested at 11..
rimi01

Post by rimi01 »

Thanks for your reply hermanmuster. I enquired on the forum and the feedback I've got is to give it a try, but concentrate on MGS . and I am going to follow that advice.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good Luck!

Have you discussed it with his current headmaster? Admission at 13 to Eton would normally be from a prep not a Grammar School - if he gets into MGS you would probably have to decide then whether to take the place or concentrate on Eton via a Prep.
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Hi Rimi,

Are you talking of Eton School near London, do they have a branch in Manchester?

Would you be ready to send your child to Eton London at 11. Will you re-locate for this school.

All the best!
rimi01

Post by rimi01 »

Topsyturvy - Eton doesn't have any branch in Manchester. But I may relocate near London if DS ever gets into it.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

They all board anyway and a fair few come from abroad so doesn't matter so much where parents live
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now