Please refer to the MOCK EXAM thread for information/views/comments. I have started a new thread - as we are in the final stages of organising it, and are still somewhat light on numbers. A minimum of 8 children would cover room hire costs.
I have now secured a venue in Trafford Park with a smaller room for approx 10 (£75) and a larger room for about 30 (£100).
The venue - The St Antony's Centre ( http://www.stantonyscentre.org.uk/
) has ample free parking (UTD play away on 1.9.12).
It is available for Saturday 1st September 0830-1330.
It also has a waiting area and small cafe, which is ideal.
From our discussions: the best idea for which papers to use would be to supply the specific multiple choice GL Assessment tests for our own child/ren. In this way, we will also have the OMR answer sheets and test answers, so we can mark the tests ourselves. I am happy to purchase these from GL upon request and some of us could actually exchange papers with eachother for ones not previously undertaken.
I am happy to open and explain/time the tests (I am an ex Primary Head and have active CRB clearance) and we can organise a rota of invigilators between us.
To move ahead we ALL need to agree the following;-
1. The cost of venue hire will be shared equally between participants ( One invoice issued for the group) - pay £10 maximum on the day.
2. GL assessment tests to be supplied and marked by individual parents/carers/tutors.
3. OMR answer sheets (multiple choice answers) to be used. Children providing own pencils/rubbers.
3. One adult per student is available for invigilating for at least 1 x hour session and responsible for supervision during breaktimes.
4. Refreshments during break times provided by parents/carers or purchased from St Antony's on site cafe.
I will research an English creative writing task for the final activity and will be happy to give it an approximate National Curriculum level on the day upon request!
I will plan a similar timetable as used by the large companies to help organise the morning; so different kinds of test can be administered at the same time.
If you are happy with all the statements above - send me a PM to join in, continue to view the thread for further information and start making preparations!