Pumpkin Pie

Loreto Exam. How did it go?

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

How did the entrance exam go today?
duffylove1

Re: Loreto Exam. How did it go?

Post by duffylove1 »

Hi,
My daughter said she enjoyed it(!) She is quite a chilled child though..unlike me!!
She found the maths format very similar to the Sats tests and unlike the GL assessments she had been practising. She completed all questions in the time limits(although this is not necc a good sign)
There were 3 options on the creative writing.. [Details removed by moderator]
It is all a relief and out of our hands now.
Good luck to all and 'what will be will be!!'
Btw...do you know what the pass mark is?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Duffylove1 - I have removed details of the creative writing from your post. Schools often hold a second sitting for candidates who could not make the first sitting and it is not appropriate, therefore, to give specific details before all sittings have taken place.
duffylove1

Post by duffylove1 »

Apologies, I am new to this :?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

No worries. Welcome to the forum. Was Loreto the first exam for your daughter or did she do AGGS as well?
madsdad

Post by madsdad »

My DD number 2 sat the Loreto exam on Saturday and she thought it was ok. She agreed that the maths paper was like a SATs test and not many of the GL type questions were on it. She enjoyed the story title that she had chosen as we had rehearsed one almost exactly the same the night before.....stroke of luck.
Just have to wait now until 12th October for the results. Fingers crossed!
I am delighted to say that after two consecutive years of entrance exam prepping for DD1 and 2, it is now all over for us and I don't ever want to see another practice paper in my life again!!!

This forum has been an invaluable support and source of information throughout what is at times a very stressful journey, particularly when you have to do it two years running. Thank you to everybody who has offered help and advice.
duffylove1

Post by duffylove1 »

I just sat my daughter for Loreto as we didn't feel AGGS was the right fit for her. I only discovered this site on Sat afternoon after the exam, sadly!! Never mind, some very useful information on here. So thank you!
nickiveg

Post by nickiveg »

my dd did aggs and the loreto and preferred to loreto exam school had a nicer feel as well and wasn't the bun fight that aggs was at pick up.
anyway only time will tell now :shock:
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

I think loretto is a wonderful school and would be perfect for my DD. Alas, we are infidels (not Catholic) and so far down the list of categories (no. 7?) to be able to get a place that we didn't bother to have her sit the entrance exam. We were told that it would be extremely unlikely that she would get a place now that they are an Academy and can set their own entrance criteria. Not being Christened/baptised etc, any religion is apparently the worst crime of all. Such a shame. :(
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Last edited by countrymum on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now