AGSB Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bns

Re: AGSB Results

Post by bns »

Cupcake wrote:Sadly not a happy ending for me. Missed by a small amount and clear that he missed out because he panicked on the NVR which he told us as soon as he came out. Oh well, see what happens next
sorry to hear that, so many capable children missed out due to nerves or just had a bad day,
"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
Last edited by bns on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Sorry to hear that Cupcake. All the very best to your DS. xx
AGSBdad

Post by AGSBdad »

Sorry about that cupcake.

My son ran out of time for part 1 of NVR as well & panicked after that & then felt pressured in the remaining exams to rush & not take his time.
bns

Post by bns »

Well done to AGBSdad jnr , you should be very proud and I'm sure you are!!
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Congratulations to parents and boys who passed. Last year out of area was 353 cut off.

Sorry to hear Cupcake be strong and dont let the DS feel too bad, any chance for an appeal for him. Did he give Sale exam?
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake »

Thanks topsyturvy, he'll be ok, he's a very able child who doesn't handle stress very well. Fortunately he does have confidence in his own abilities so, though he's disappointed that he probably won't go to AGSB, at least he won't see at as being a reflection on his abilities (I hope). Re an appeal I guess I'll get some advice off the Appeals section here, I need to see how he did at Sale and St Ambrose, he was like a different child for those 2, relaxed and came out very happy and it does seem as if he is a good judge of how he did. If he passes very well for those i guess it would be worth an appeal, I have no doubt it was his emotions getting the better of him, but we'll have to see.

Maybe this is a sign to us that he struggles with pressure and that AGSB might not be right for him. His older brother, who is very laid back (maybe a bit too laid back sometimes) does feel it sometimes. Expectations are high and there is little room for making mistakes at AGSB, especially when it comes to things like being organised etc. When things go a bit off course they do tend to come down on them very hard :(
traffordparent

Post by traffordparent »

many congratulations to those who got the results they wanted and a really big 'sorry' to those who didn't
pleased to say my ds passed
good luck to everyone
rafaim

Post by rafaim »

Hi

My boy never made the pass mark. Just thought that I'd share my boy's results

Math 95
NVR 117
VR 96

Total 308 :(

Anybody have any ideas whay AGSB mark is 334 whilst Urmston and Stretford is 354
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

It has been a tough day for AGSB today...see-saw of results. Congrats to those who got favorable results.

Parents who did not, gather courage, and look out for other options and test results (if taken), support the DC and these are tricky complicated exams. I am sure DC has given the best try. x
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Does anybody know when St. Ambrose will be posting results? On a more minor point what do the abbreviations 'dd', 'ds' stand for?
“Bringing up children is like living with a bunch of drunks ... you really have to be on your toes all the time.”
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now