AGGS v Loreto thoughts?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bns

Re: AGGS v Loreto thoughts?

Post by bns »

Dear Jugglerwoman, I do respect your deeply held religious views but you must understand us Atheist's have a point of view, too and it is very difficult fo us to have a rational, balanced discussion on something that is fundamentally irrational, unless, of course, you can provide objective evidence for your deeply delusional(IMO) held beliefs. I would absolutely love you to prove me wrong, believe me but please provide the evidence otherwise the discussion is purely based on hearsay and very ancient hearsay at that. I would love to believe in an after-life, where evil people are sent to **** and unbaptised babies are sent into limbo but I cannot. With respect, that is my opinion which is just as valid as yours. No offence is intended and I hope none is taken.
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Bns - I think you misunderstand me and that's probably my fault for not explaining properly! I am not deeply religious and am no "bible basher". Yes I am catholic but the two don't necessarily go hand in hand.

I have acknowledged the fact that there are some unfairnesses in the system and my main objection to the action taken by paprika was the dishonesty in standing in a church and saying you believe in something which you clearly don't for the sole reason of getting a school place. It demeans something that others find important. I don't think I have delusional views or beliefs. I consider myself a very rational person and think most rational people would agree to demean something that matters to another person wether you think it rubbish or not is not nice.

I don't want this thread to lower itself into debates about religious views or atheist views.....that's not what we are here for
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

I think you are correct on another thread that these debates are not helpful when so many others are stressed about results. Let's agree to disagree and I probably shouldn't have put my oar in anyway!

Let's close the thread or return to the loreto vs AGGS opening post!
bns

Post by bns »

Sorry I must stop at 1 glass of wine, after which i do start speaking rubbish :lol:
Last edited by bns on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
madsdad

Post by madsdad »

I think this thread should now be ended. It has turned into a debate regarding the existence of God. That is not RELEVANT to what my initial gripe was about. Jugglermum has summed it up perfectly.

Sorry Tillybob but your thread has been somewhat hijacked now and turned into something it shouldn't have. As said before we shall all have to agree to disagree and respect each other's views whether we like it or not.

There are people that need advice out there so let's get back to the purpose of the forum. :D :D :D
bns

Post by bns »

madsdad wrote:I think this thread should now be ended. It has turned into a debate regarding the existence of God. That is not RELEVANT to what my initial gripe was about. Jugglermum has summed it up perfectly.

Sorry Tillybob but your thread has been somewhat hijacked now and turned into something it shouldn't have. As said before we shall all have to agree to disagree and respect each other's views whether we like it or not.

There are people that need advice out there so let's get back to the purpose of the forum. :D :D :D
Point 1 - (IMO) - I totally agree, Madsdad!
There'll be plenty of time for this kind of nonsense when everybody has their results and are feeling much calmer! Good night, and may your geity go with youxxx
nickiveg

Post by nickiveg »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: phew bit stressful on ere in it :mrgreen:
im out of area so shouldnt even be th inking of sending my DD even though she passed both AGGS and loreto :oops:
bns

Post by bns »

I have self-moderated my comments .
I should know better then get myself mixed up in matters reguarding religion
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Dear Madsdad and jugglermum, I hope you are both ok, neither of you deserved to receive the last couple of e-mails that were sent. You had both written very rational, fair points.
I am really disappointed that some members have decided to send such awful e-mails, disrespecting people's faiths, especially when everyone had been so supportive to one another before.
Hopefully this thread will be stopped and everyone can go back to being supportive again. :(
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Another post has had to be removed.