AGGS-no of candidate sit for and passed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Halemum

Re: AGGS-no of candidate sit for and passed

Post by Halemum »

Does anyone know what percentage of girls that got in last year were say 1-2 miles from school, 3-4 miles from school and further out? Do they even have these statistics?
City mummy

Post by City mummy »

Thanks for the detailed reply CarpeDiem, I will ask the school but agree with what you said regarding identification through results.
aharris

Post by aharris »

I was looking no of primary schools within radius from AGGS. The figures are
0-2 mile (inclusive 2)=15
2-3 mile=15
3-4 mile=25
4-5 mile=45
There are too many schools between 4-5 miles so I did not look further down i.e 5-6 miles etc.
Based on the increased no of people passed this year from local schools it is very hard to say how far the catchment will go although it was 6.2 miles last year.

I am predicting AGGS review their catchment sooner after this year admission.Otherwise probably it would be a false hope for those who lives 7-8 miles distance.

I have already submitted my CPF form. DD has done her performance now parents turn to wait untill 1st march 2013.
Good luck everyone.
GPS

Post by GPS »

One question that was raised at the start of this thread was how many passed this year, and I didn't see that given in the posts.

This year 329 candidates passed.
agsbmad

Post by agsbmad »

GPS wrote:One question that was raised at the start of this thread was how many passed this year, and I didn't see that given in the posts.

This year 329 candidates passed.
Wow, thank you for this interesting information. Does anybody knows how many passed last year? And how many passes are IN the area?
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

Yes, if you were to read earlier in the thread you would see CarpeDiem said it was 295 that passed.

The way the forum's been going you would have thought it was several hundred :lol:
aharris

Post by aharris »

Thanks GPS for contributing with the information.
ManYou -I also thought that it will be several hundreds-about 380-400.

Although nothing can predict re allocation, I feel it is not so bad.
bns

Post by bns »

I think the nominal increase in numbers of candiates who sat the exam and the nominal increase in the total number passing could be explained by alty coming first and Urmston kids who would normally not of bothered to enter the exam just turned up for the practice(not to mention the two coach loads turning up from down south).Although there has been a small increase in the overall % of passes CAF form sent, the die is cast, what will be will be,
if my gut feelings are correct I think, we will find things don'nt change much from year to year,
so goodbye and I hope we meet again in early march, I spent far too much time agonising over this.
Time for me to move on . BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Aurorasaab

Post by Aurorasaab »

I agree. Alty boys and Alty girls are looked on as practice exams for the local grammar that you really want to go to. And of course, free practice for those of us who were too tight to pay out for the commercial 11 plus practice that ran a lot earlier. :)

A large number of those who sat the exam will have had no intention of going, even if they passed, because they are completely out of catchment, going private anyway, or want to go to their local grammar.

We viewed it simply as practice - DD passed, but has chosen Sale, even though we are well within AGGS catchment and would almost certainly get a place. We are happy, and it frees up a place another child, so that's good news for all.
bns

Post by bns »

I took my own advice and called admissions officer(simples) no degree in applied maths required!!
question" With the information you have available do you expect a dramatic change of the boundary line this year for first round allocations , compared to last year?"
answer" I cannot say , last year we went out to 6.2 miles , and I do not expect a dramatic change, NO"
( I just could not resist it, and I know I said "it was time to move on" but I could not resist it!!,, and I wanted to share the info with ALL of you , so RELAX
now goodbye honest :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
( and yes I hear the collective cheer from you posh folk in Bowdon , "thank God we have finally got rid of that pesty pleb" :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now