Stretford Result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
aharris

Stretford Result

Post by aharris »

Watch out the post if you waiting for the stretford grammar result.
We got it today.
agsbmad

Re: Stretford Result

Post by agsbmad »

We got it too! Does anybody knows what is the pass mark for the out of area?
aharris

Post by aharris »

It shows stretford is not a choice for parents in this forum.

That explains a lot about my DD score.
Relieved in this sense that all the results have come out earlier than we thought.
DidsburyMum

Post by DidsburyMum »

Does anyone know how many passed Stretford this year? I understand about 800-900 took the exam and that the catchment area varies from year-to-year dependent on applications (sometimes up to 6M). My DD has passed but has no sibling at the school and we're over 3m away, so I think our chances are slim.
ljc1975

Post by ljc1975 »

Hi there, can you tell me why Stretford Grammar isnt a choice for some parents? Its one of the entrance exams my DS has passed and we are considering. Has a bit of an inner city feel but according to ofsted it has picked itself up over the last three years? Just curious as we are doing the school applications at the moment. Thanks :)
aharris

Post by aharris »

DidsburyMum wrote:Does anyone know how many passed Stretford this year? I understand about 800-900 took the exam and that the catchment area varies from year-to-year dependent on applications (sometimes up to 6M).
I believe you can get the figures from stretford school quite easily if you ask them anyway.

I found stretford admission office more prompt dealing issues.
DidsburyMum

Post by DidsburyMum »

You were right aharris. They were extremely helpful but I'm less hopeful now, although it's our 2nd choice, as they've had unprecedented numbers taking the exam this year.

According to Admissions 200 more than normal sat the Stretford exam this year and 388 passed. There are normally 100 places left once those with siblings in the school have taken their places. Last year everyone who applied was successful and Stretford and other grammars were left with empty places. Apparently 2011 saw a dip in the number of applicants - the birth rate was lower. As for the catchment area it varies every year - from 1.84m in 2010 to 5m in 2007.
aharris

Post by aharris »

Thanks DidsburyMum.
I am sure the information is useful.
BTW, do you know how many passed last year?
DidsburyMum

Post by DidsburyMum »

Sorry aharris I don't know how many passed last year, but normally about 500 express a preference (obviously not all first choice).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now