Changes to Bus Provider- Route 706 from Didsbury-AGGS/ABSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TIDDLYMUM

Changes to Bus Provider- Route 706 from Didsbury-AGGS/ABSB

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

For anyone who didn't get a note from the driver and for new parents next year.

The 706 official route will be run by Finglands on the morning/Evening Route next year. However the current provider Travel master have decided to continue providing an additional 706, which will continue onto Loreto after dropping off at AGGS.

Times are unchanged.

I have been extremely pleased with the service provided by Travel Master, which has been prompt and reliable, not letting us down once.The drivers are also very nice too and look out for the children. So I am pleased that they feel able to offer this service ongoing and the other option gives more choice.
wigwam12

Re: Changes to Bus Provider- Route 706 from Didsbury-AGGS/AB

Post by wigwam12 »

Tiddlymum do you know where I can get more details of this bus please? Is is point to point or with stops on the way?
Still 7.15 start? (ulp!)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Have a look on tgfm website school services under Trafford- we get the 7.06 370 bus even earlier!!!
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Thanks. I did look. It lists the route but not if it stopped at any of them. Sept 2013 timetable says 7.30 again (?)

The return is convenient as dd and ds (primary) in opposite directions and end same time. DS gets the pickup nod due to age so we will pick dd from parts wood.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Call and check the time- I don't think they changed the official timetable last year. Remember the I go pass as well!
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Yep got the passport pix taken a couple days ago for one. :)
Will phone on Tuesday and clarify everything.
As you say though 11 may be a good shout (when she bores of the dad taxi)
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Spoke to Travel Master (CS were VERY helpful) who said the drivers look out of pupils putting their hands out for the bus at all stops along the route for the first few weeks until they know where students students will get on from - and luckily even nearer our house is a stop on the 706 route than the 11 stop is from the other end of the street - result!

Will maybe take a morning off and catch one with her on an occasion or 2 until she is happy. They also have a sanguine approach to IGo for the students at the start of the year which is nice to hear.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now