Acceptance Letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GailJ

Acceptance Letter

Post by GailJ »

After all the excitment I have just read that we have to complete the acceptance letter by 15th March- what acceptance letter????
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Acceptance Letter

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Gail J ( and fellow AGSB parent) :D

You will I think get a letter from Trafford with a letter to return, a big pack PLus another acceptance letter from school direct and then on too of that we got one from local authority too( Stockport) to return- bit excessive. tHe one from school will ask about things like who does he want ( or not want) to be in class with etc. It's nice, I think the boys get one from themselves.

Sorry for bad punctuation in a hurry as of to work.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

Yes GailJ, it should all come in the post either tomorrow or Monday.
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:Gail J ( and fellow AGSB parent) :D

You will I think get a letter from Trafford with a letter to return, a big pack PLus another acceptance letter from school direct and then on too of that we got one from local authority too( Stockport) to return- bit excessive. tHe one from school will ask about things like who does he want ( or not want) to be in class with etc. It's nice, I think the boys get one from themselves.

Sorry for bad punctuation in a hurry as of to work.
Thanks and well done!!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi Gail

My son is in Y9- so no well done needed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Well done to DS GailJ! Hope he loves it as much as my ds does.

Yep, you get one letter from LEA and one from AGSB.

We then got class allocations and languages in early June (I can remember because we were on holiday and I got my brother to go and open the post! LOL!).
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Elphaba wrote:Well done to DS GailJ! Hope he loves it as much as my ds does.

Yep, you get one letter from LEA and one from AGSB.

We then got class allocations and languages in early June (I can remember because we were on holiday and I got my brother to go and open the post! LOL!).
Thanks for info! when you say languages, do you mean we have to pick which language they are going to study or will they be allocated a language? Do they get to choose a friend to be in the same class with too? Thanks again- I haven't a clue!! 8)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Its all too much!!

Thye can ask fior a language they would prefer I think they all do French then they get to pick the other but its not guaranteed. You can put a few names you want them to be with ( or not!). We couldn't as he didn't know anyone- not that it mattered as he had firm friends within days and is now in with a lovely and diverse group of boys ( and girls- but we won't go into that here!!!)
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

GailJ, you can list 3 names of children your son would like to be in a class with but there is no guarantee (ds did get allocated with the friend he put down 1st). You can also name anyone you would rather not be placed with, but we didn't list anyone!

Regarding languages - you can put down one language you would like to do and it seems that most boys get that language and then the second language is just allocated. So we put Spanish and he got Spanish and French. In year 7 they do half a year of one language and then half a year of the second language.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

I don't think they all do French - I think some of ds's friends are doing Spanish and German.