2nd Round Offers for AGGS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GailJ

Re: 2nd Round Offers for AGGS?

Post by GailJ »

Same at DS's school, there is at least 1 girl who has been offered AGGS but is going to Withington. The girl's in DS's class seemed to have all got their 1st choice but not so with a few of the boys- none have been offered St Ambrose and a couple have been given high school's which are mile's away. I wonder if more boys sat the exam this year or it's just coincidence??? :?: :?:
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Thank you for the reassuring words.
Have accepted offer from mhsg and having alot of soul searching about pursuing appeal.
Head says yes!
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

I think that unless the second round of offers are as few as last year ( which was very unusual) you would be offered a place on second/third allocation as AGGS will take your new address into account now first allocations have been done. I hope you have requested to go onto the waiting list if you give it a few days they should be able to tell you your position on it as well.

If you look under the appeals for AGGS from last year you will find a thread with a similar problem to your own. I cannot work out how to get the link but if you look at Moving house author - determineddaddy - you will find some interesting information.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Very interesting read - thanks!
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

So close in round 1!
Specifics removed at request of DD...
Last edited by wigwam12 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Popcorn

Post by Popcorn »

You are soon close I'm sure you will get in on next round. Especially after some people saying they knew some that were turning AGGS down for WGS etc. everything crossed for you, I would feel a bit happier with those figures! :D
bns

Post by bns »

at least 2 dc are declining AGGS at our primary, my daughter and one other going to The Grange in Hartford.
so already i count possibly 7 from info from this forum alone
so good luck even though i don't think you need any
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Thank you all so much.
Being new to these forums I confess I have been staggered how friendly and helpful everyone is with great advice and moral support :D
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

This year more strict proof are being sought by GS hence I am sure the movement in waiting list will be higher than last year.
bns

Post by bns »

topsyturvy wrote:This year more strict proof are being sought by GS hence I am sure the movement in waiting list will be higher than last year.
do you really think there a significant number of parents trying "it on" shocking if true!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now