AGGS proof of residency

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Halemum

Re: AGGS proof of residency

Post by Halemum »

Yes, it would have been helpful to have known about this sooner so that I could have had time to get a letter from the child benefit office or a new medical card.

I suppose I can see their point though. They are ensuring that you are who you say you are and live in where you say you live so that allocations are fair to all who apply. The short notice ensures you don't have time to fake it I suppose.

I'm not going to worry anymore. It will all come good in the end, I have nothing to hide.
Popcorn

Post by Popcorn »

Found a medical card with address on. I'm sending that and going to forget about it. I know they need to do these things to stop fraud but it's given me a panic today! :lol:
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

I have been asked for the same thing from ABGS so I gave them a call today and they said they would be happy with official documentation with his name and address on it, so I am going to send in his annual Building Society statement.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

I have also been asked for Council Tax, Utility Bills, Car Insurance, CTB.
We likewise stopped receiving CTB a long while ago. Only problem of course is the letters all pertained not only to a few years ago but also the house we moved from in late 2012!

Have asked for clarification as to what will do instead - letter from school and/or doctor (got both anyway)
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

To get a replacement medical card call Lancashire And South Cumbrian Agency for the NHS on 01772221341. They said they will send one out which will take 7 to 10 days but it's usually quicker, they said they're just covering themselves because of the post.

So if AGGS get back to me wanting further proof, I should have that card by then. :D
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

So all those who dont have the Child Benefit letter have to find a medical card or bank statement?
Are you sure medical card and bank statement will be acceptable format?

Has anyone handed in the acceptance form to GS in person, and they have accepted these other proofs.
NS1

Post by NS1 »

I handed medical card to Agsb as evidence, along with Council Tax and utility bill
and they said it was ok.
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

Hi- I have posted council tax bill, Phone bill and a hospital appointment letter with my son's name and address on. I have just written a message at the bottom of the page requesting that they contact me if this isn't adequate proof. All seems a bit OTT to me! :?: :?:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It sounds to me as though they had trouble last year and are cracking down. Good for them, but it would help if they told you what they are looking for other than a CB letter two months after CB was discontinued for a chunk of the population!
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

I had the same with my daughter's primary place in 2010. The school were asking for a Child Benefit statement from the last year and when I said I didn't have one they said I should definitely have been sent one. I rang Child Benefit who confirmed that the one I had which was more than a year old was the most recent - the school then accepted it so in that case it looks as if the school had been given incorrect information. ]
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now