Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: anyone feeling it?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm 

a bit wobbly...how about you? Got to do it all again next year....prob be on pills by then!!

Post subject: Re: anyone feeling it?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:05 pm 

Yes, I feel sick thinking about it. DS who will be doing the 11 plus this Sept is as cool as a cucumber, and then I have ds2 who will be doing it next Sept aagh!
Having said that, I keep telling myself you can only do the best you can. If ds doesnt qualify then at least this extra prep has been good for him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 pm 

Tension is high in our home. My DS is pretty much okay...i am the one who is freaking out....... i cant seem to talk to anyone about it. it doesnt help that none of DS mates are doing the 11 plus exams. i tried to span out his revision, and make sure that he is having good amount of rest and play in the holidays.....but it does worry me to see him put a a lot of effort when he should be out playing in the garden.

i hope i am doing the right thing.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 pm 

Been there felt it! Just come on here and vent- at least you are with those who feel the same. THis time four years ago, I was a nervous wreck from July to October when the results came out!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:01 pm 

TIDDLYMUM wrote:
Been there felt it! Just come on here and vent- at least you are with those who feel the same. THis time four years ago, I was a nervous wreck from July to October when the results came out!!

Thanks tiddlymum, make feel tiggy better to know that my behaviour is "normal". My DS is very hardworking, i wouldn't say he is genius, but he is very determined. Being working mum, DS goes to holiday club, and i am happy about that because it gives him a break from this whole 11 plus thing in the day,but from the time i pick him....11 plus work starts for him and me. the stress level is not so much for him, but for me.......am i doing the right thing?????? He is happy to work hard....and takes on things as it comes..however much it is . that is a relief...but is it fair though...that his fellow mates are out with their bikes..and he is huddled up with his test papers.......

i am certainly going mad............

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:54 pm 

Oh my goodness! It's good to know others feel exactly the same as me! I am up and down like a yo yo but ds is calm and mature about the whole process!

Yesterday I had a confident day and thought he was right on track and today the doubts are creeping in again (and the scores creeping down!!) I am constantly questioning each paper he attempts and how the difficulty relates to his score.
Feel like I am slightly obsessive about the whole situation - and buying/drinking too much wine - can't wait for it to be over (to be started all over again in a year's time!!) :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:11 pm 

We had a few late dips ESP when we did the Gl papers which are very hard- some of the them were 50-65% and I though no chance- but he still passed. Stay calm and drink wine :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:00 pm 

Thanks Tiddlymum - I have stocked up on the wine :wink:

Yes the GL are definitely trickier - particularly pack 2 - and his scores have dipped on them. Am presuming the level of the test is equivalent to the pack 2 papers :?
I know everyone is in the same boat and most will be doing similar prep to us, it's just so stressful and like a rollercoaster! We are out of area too so added pressure.

I agree with MamaBear - we tell ds that all the prep will really help him for whatever school he ends up going to - and try and keep the stress away from him!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:16 pm 

In my opinion the Gl papers are extremely hard and my son thought the exam was not as hard as they were. I just seek to reassure you that you shouldn't panic if your little one finds them difficult. Good luck :D