AGSB - Thank goodness it's over!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kiko3

AGSB - Thank goodness it's over!

Post by kiko3 »

What a day!

I've never known a Saturday morning to take so long! When I finally met DS out of the crowds from AGSB, what a relief it was over!
He found it really hard - even though we prepared loads. He said the maths and one section of the NV was particularly tough. Tougher than any paper - is that normal??

Not getting our hopes up for success but thankfully DS is very mature about the process.

Tonight sleepover, friends and pizza for DS, lots of vino for me!!
beenish

Re: AGSB - Thank goodness it's over!

Post by beenish »

my daughter appeared for aggs today. she found maths v hard. with verbal reasnoing she said vocabulary was tough. with non verbal she said it was ok. im not sure whether both schools have same papers or not. she couldnt finish non verbal on time but finished verbal and maths on time ( she didnt know many in maths so of course it was finished on time) geometry n problem solving were hard.
gracec

Post by gracec »

My daughter came out crying as could not finish Maths, so put down 7 random answers.
All the girls came out of our site were all beaming saying easy papers. Maybe our 2 year preparation is still lacking in areas. Very upsetting!
kiko3

Post by kiko3 »

A friend of mine whose daughter also sat the girls test said the maths was really hard - so try not to worry too much x
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

My daughter took the AGGS exam today and had the following experience - NVR didn't finish (missed out last 4 answers), Verbal OK, Maths OK ish but felt the paper was one of the hardest she had attempted. The last 2 in particular unlike anything she had seen before.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello,

What a morning! But i have to say the drop off was rather orderly and stress free. But the pick up wasn't as good as i expected.but okay, managed to find my DC fairly quick.

My feeling was when i dropped DC was as if i was going to give birth all over again :roll:but DC was more intent and focused.

Exam was tough according my DC and his peers..... for now we just have to stay focused for other schools' exams

I hope all you had a smooth ride today...best of luck for the rest of journey.
beenish

Post by beenish »

my daughter was 5b in maths in her july report of this year. she did well in her gl pack 1 maths but she found it harder to do gl pack 2 but she thinks this paper was even harder.
anyone kniws abt urmston english pattern . i missed the open day so have no sample papers for english
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Try not to worry- a lot said that last year and passed. DS missed quite a lot out and still got through. It is best not to keep going over it though otherwise it will really stress you and DC out. Best of luck
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

GailJ wrote:Try not to worry- a lot said that last year and passed. DS missed quite a lot out and still got through. It is best not to keep going over it though otherwise it will really stress you and DC out. Best of luck
Yes Gail, thats exactly what i have been telling myself :wink: , DC seems fairly okay, staying focused on the other upcoming exams.

Thanks for the support.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now