motivation for Sale exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elizabethswan

motivation for Sale exam

Post by elizabethswan »

I took my youngest daughter to Altrincham College of Arts open evening last week; my yr 10 daughter goes there and is extremely happy, but I would still like my yr 6 girl to have the opportunity to go to SGS, my yr 8 daughter is at Sale Grammar and is thriving there. However it was so much fun at the open evening she has now totally lost motivation for the test on Saturday, and I wish I hadn't taken her, before last week her favourite school was SGS, it's so annoying! I am worried that she'll just sit there on Saturday morning and not make any effort, any ideas how to get her to try her best? Both schools are great but I think she will try harder if she has a higher expectation; my oldest daughter is motivated anyway, so is fine at any school.
jugglermum

Re: motivation for Sale exam

Post by jugglermum »

I am sure when Saturday arrives and she is in the room with others that she will get her head down and try her best. She has put in all the hard work now and the end is in sight and can't imagine any child purposely not doing his/her best at this stage.

Just remind her that if she passes she has more options. Maybe talk about the positive things she liked about sale.

If she is anything like my dd maybe she is teasing you :)

Not long now....good luck!