Wellington Road school but in M33?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
betty23

Wellington Road school but in M33?

Post by betty23 »

Can anyone tell me if we stand a chance of getting into Wellington Road living in M33? We are just at the boundary.
thanks
Mr147

Re: Wellington Road school but in M33?

Post by Mr147 »

I must admit I am also confused with the Catchment area for Wellington.

We live in WA14 - some say that we are in the catchment area, some say that we are in it but only on a secondary area and some say that we are not in it at all???

If anyone can help with clarification it certainly would be appreciated.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

We rang a while ago and they said they don't usually take anyone from out of catchment. I think it's pretty over-subscribed. So in M33 I think it's a slim to no chance.

WA14 is in catchment but if oversubscribed within catchment they use distance so if you're on the edge I suppose it might be touch and go.
catmum

Post by catmum »

Slim chance I think ....but there are some friends of my sons in his year at wellington who seem to live quite far out, other side of altrincham and broadheath. Asan alternative, Altrincham college of Arts is really improved as well, outstanding ofsted recently and I think includes your postcode in catchment, well worth a look. You could preference wellington first on your form even if not likely as long as next best choice is second on form etc, should keep chance of wellington open, doesn't make any difference to chances of getting into 2nd or 3rd choice if no place at first choice.
Good Luck :D
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Other side of Altrincham and Broadheath would still be WA14 though so that's in catchment even though far away. M33 is in the category below as it's not in catchment.

As you say, worth putting it down though just in case they take out of zone.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now