ABGS-out of catchment.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mummmy

Re: ABGS-out of catchment.

Post by mummmy »

In the open evening someone said that 30 boys out of 210 are from OOC area? will distant come into play during the final offer?
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Thanks Parthiban. We also have only 3 choices, and have now completed our application placing alty first. The second choice school is the school which has already placed Ds in the top category, and as i said it is in bag. Third choice is Sale . Even though we quite liked Sale, their over-subscription criteria, and the our distance to school, has made put it as the last choice.
mummmy wrote:In the open evening someone said that 30 boys out of 210 are from OOC area? will distant come into play during the final offer?
During parents evening for ooc, it was said 1/3 places usually go to ooc boys. In the school's website it says 20%.

Could someone answer the question on distance pls. My knowledge is that once you are out of catchment,it is the score which ranks you. The distance only comes to play for the final place available...that too if it is same score. Could someone clarify pls. Thanks
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I am pretty sure it is a third rather than 20% from OOC.
Once outside the pretty small priority catchment which is I think WA14/15 and small part of M33, its on score from there regardless of distance. The year my son joined cut off score was about 351, I believe it has moved a bit but not lots.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello,

I wanted to ask the question. Is it important that i should include in the choices, a local school near us. I thought i have done my application. But how important is the fact that i should put a local school. Our second is a different authority to us, and it is not also not trafford. First and third are trafford, which is not our local authority as well.

Could someone pls shed some light pls.
firswood67

Post by firswood67 »

The letter we received from AGSB indicated that in the last 3 years boys from out of catchment with a score of 352/353 were offered a place. I hope I am not missing something but I would hope a score of 370+ will be more than enough.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Yes firswood67, but no one knows what is the ooc score for this year until allocation. As i am very new to all this and dont like to taking risk, i am wondering wheather we should place a school near us in the third choice as opposed to putting sale as 3 rd choice. My Ds scored 380+ in sale grammar, and the score really shows his hard work. But we are far from school, and i am not sure realistically it would possible to be qualified for Sale.

Oh!!! I thought i got everything sorted with the school application,but i think i am back to square 1. :cry:
parents666

Post by parents666 »

Hi Oshosh
With 380 plus score your DS should get a place in Sale no matter where he lives in England! Why are you worried? Am I missing something ?
SSZZF

Post by SSZZF »

But how do you know how many in area children actually passed this year, it can be a risk if your ooc
I think put the school your defo to gain a place with!
It is probably still an excellent school
parents666

Post by parents666 »

Is Sale grammar different from AGSB? Does the school have places allocates for ooc ?area?
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Sale grammar's admission policy is somewhat the same as ABGS, but they seem to have bigger catchment. So that's my worry.
SSZZF wrote:But how do you know how many in area children actually passed this year, it can be a risk if your ooc
I think put the school your defo to gain a place with!
It is probably still an excellent school
Yes sszzf, i have now gathered my thoughts now....we already do have a school in the choices that my DS def. can get in. Its our second choice though. I guess i would have to leave it at that....and try and be strong and confident.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now