Moving to Trafford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
onthebrink

Re: Moving to Trafford

Post by onthebrink »

Lymm is very nice and has an excellent High School should the grammar schools not prove the right option. Don't know anyone from Lymm who hasn't passed without getting in to either the boys or girls school
yunny

Post by yunny »

My son did not pass for alty, we live in Warrington so distance played a major part. He is now in Yr9 Lymm High and just chosen GCSE options(10) is also doing extremely well.

Gambit, like u suggested, I would move to an area where there are good primary schools to start with, then maybe move to catchment area for grammars and at this point u will know whether your child has potential or not! :)
gambit

Post by gambit »

Yes thanks On the Brink and the point about finding a good Primary to determine potential to start makes sense Yunny.

I still think/am led to believe however these better primaries are in Trafford.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

Before last year's exam, I would've thought this post preposterous, however, DD 2 sat next to a girl (in the exam) who had been on a (full) coach arriving from London that morning. We had seen a coach (or 2) but had thought nothing of it. Apparently, her dad had relocated here with the BBC earlier in the year ..)...Think that the incredible achievements of AGGS and AGBS have spread far and wide. Sadly. In some respects.
rimi01

Post by rimi01 »

onthebrink wrote:Lymm is very nice and has an excellent High School should the grammar schools not prove the right option. Don't know anyone from Lymm who hasn't passed without getting in to either the boys or girls school
+1 to above advice regarding Lymm.

Someone mentioned that goal-post keeps changing and god knows what'll happen after 11 years !!
But also remember that time flies !!!

Your best bet is to first target a good primary school like Bowdon church and think more about a primary schools now.
Staying in Alty grammar catchment area is always good as competition is becoming crazy every year :roll:
Good luck and welcome to Trafford !!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now