Sale Grammar OOC mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Minnosh

Re: Sale Grammar OOC mark

Post by Minnosh »

Tabbycat1995 wrote:Minnosh,

We are ooc, placed Sale second and were not offered a place with a score of 390+. We were offered AGSB and accepted this place.

I hope that there will be some movement with second round offers for those still waiting for places.

Tabby
Hi Tabbycat1995,

I take it AGSB was your 1st choice. If so then you got your 1st choice and 2nd choice didn't come into play. Our case is slightly different in that our 1st choice was also AGSB but our AGSB pass score was not high enough (still put as our 1st choice so that we can put our name on the waiting list). We were hoping we would get our 2nd choice (SGS) with a pass score of 373 but we didn't. As explained a few days ago that's because SGS decided not to take kids from out of their catchment area.

Now we are waiting and hoping we would be lucky with the 2nd round of offers.
SSZZF

Post by SSZZF »

Hi
Thought I would share AGBS OOC area mark was 349 this year. LOWER THAN PREVIOUS YEARS.
hope this helps anyone who has hope.
Thanks
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

SSZZF wrote:Hi
Thought I would share AGBS OOC area mark was 349 this year. LOWER THAN PREVIOUS YEARS.
Thanks

Thanks SSZZF. Could i ask if the school revealed this.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:As explained a few days ago that's because SGS decided not to take kids from out of their catchment area.
They cannot (legally) "decide" not to offer places, they can only follow their published admissions / oversubscription criteria: Looked-after children -> in-catchment -> OOC. Presumably they had at least as many qualifying in the first two categories as they have places to offer.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Minnosh

Post by Minnosh »

Thanks
Hi SSZZF,

May I ask how you got this figure?

Thanks
Minnosh

Post by Minnosh »

Minnosh wrote:
Thanks
Hi SSZZF,

Thanks
I was told by AGSB Admissions today that 349 is the OOC cut-off mark as it stands. Hopefully it will come down by a point or two in a couple of weeks.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Minnosh wrote:
Minnosh wrote:
Thanks
Hi SSZZF,

Thanks
I was told by AGSB Admissions today that 349 is the OOC cut-off mark as it stands. Hopefully it will come down by a point or two in a couple of weeks.

Yes Minnosh, a friend of mine who DS is also on the waiting list, called them, and it was confirmed that it was 349 as in the last boy offered ooc, had this score. My friend also said there were less passes from in catchment, due to that, appeal numbers are high. Some say that the school has done the review wrong.I am not so sure how true the above info is.......

Do you know where you Ds is on the waiting list. I would imagine he would be fairly high up.....let us know how you get on.

Good luck
Dids

Post by Dids »

Can you expand at at all on in what way some are saying the review was done wrong? I ask because my son has his paper reviewed. Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now