Loreto/ St Ambrose

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Loreto/ St Ambrose

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Ok everyone no offence meant or felt. the RC thing has got out of hand on here before now- so I think we should keep it strictly informative.

On Ash Wednesday :wink:
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

Pumpkin Pie, thankyou, I understand the admission procedure, however, it doesn't tell you what scores children are needing to attain if they are out of area. Forums like this are usually a fantastic way of sharing experiences and advice.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Onthebrink the scores needed by OOC DC changes from year to year depending on how many places are available. Highest scores get priority. Last year those just getting the past mark got in. So you never can tell!
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

Ok. Sorry if I have wasted anyone's time.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

On the brink - you haven't wasted anyone's time, keep asking questions - that why the forum is here.

I knew nothing about schools 5 years ago- but from being on here I know more now and am more than happy to share information if it helps.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:On the brink - you haven't wasted anyone's time, keep asking questions - that why the forum is here.
Yes, I second that. If in doubt, give us all a shout. No matter how simple a question may seem don't be afraid to ask. :D
smiler10

Post by smiler10 »

I think over the last 2 years, Loreto/ Ambrose have gone towards making the schools exclusively RC. I think previously quite a few local non-catholics got in but I get the impression this hasn't been the case over the last couple of years. It may still be worth a try though.
Mollymop78

Post by Mollymop78 »

smiler10 wrote:I think over the last 2 years, Loreto/ Ambrose have gone towards making the schools exclusively RC. I think previously quite a few local non-catholics got in but I get the impression this hasn't been the case over the last couple of years. It may still be worth a try though.

What makes you think this? As a non catholic family I got one son in last year and one this year.

I would imagine it depends how many Catholics apply as to if any non Catholics get a place. If there are not enough catholic boys applying they have to fill the spaces with non Catholics so I would say it would vary from year to year so even as a non catholic its always worth applying :-)
smiler10

Post by smiler10 »

I thought that you said only non catholics got in on appeal or if they had a brother in the school???
traffmum

Post by traffmum »

It isn't strictly true that OOC Dc have to score higher. Loreto and Ambrose award from highest score down within each category. Therefore those in lower categories could be offered right down to the pass mark, yet those in higher categories could have full marks and still not get in, depending upon which category they offer down to.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now