AGSB Half price P.E kit sale

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TIDDLYMUM

Re: AGSB Half price P.E kit sale

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Thats very naughty of swi not to tell you, If they knew you were a year 7.

i would try calling them to see if they will accept a return.

I woudl also have expected the school to mention it sooner as I am sure that you are not the only ones who have bought it already.
Tabbycat1995

Post by Tabbycat1995 »

I have bought the PE kit in advance as well and spent a small fortune like you Oshosh. I have looked at the Monkhouse website and I am struggling to see the difference between SWI and Monkhouse items. Can anyone else see the difference? Would have been helpful for some advance warning.

Tabby
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Not sure how I came across this thread in the first place, but have to say that it was very poor form for the school not to tell you back when you accepted the offer of a place at the school that changes were being made and not to buy PE kit until further notice. The school must have known what they were doing at least as long ago as March, I would think? Okay, that is a bit early to be buying new uniform, but surely they must realise that some people will start pretty soon after their DS's place is confirmed, in order to spread the cost.

Looking at the Monkhouse site, the Year 7 items seem to have trim / logos where the year 8-11 versions don't - and cost about twice the price of the older version :shock:

It certainly doesn't help - unless I managed to find an old version of the website - that there is a link to SWI from the school site, even if it does say '2013 list' or whatever, with no explanation that new year 7s should not purchase kit from them.

ETA - whereas I don't believe that the school weren't already considering dropping SWI as a PE kit supplier back in March, it is just about possible that they didn't tell SWI until somewhat later.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
emsy

Post by emsy »

It may be worth finding out how strict the school are about it. My son goes to Sale Grammar and the PE kit was changed when he started Year 7 but I had a lot of kit my older child had grown out of and a very tight budget so I sent him with the old design and promised to replace it if anyone complained (I knew older children had old kit and had no problems). He wasn't the only child with the old design and now he's just finishing Year 9, some of the kit is now 2 changes out of date and no one has complained yet! As long as he has a complete kit his teachers are happy. He isn't on any sports teams though - I'm sure it would be an issue if he was.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

I have spoken to monkhouse, and the sports uniform is different :( . I am not so sure what to do.

But i spoke to SWI as well, and they agreed to take the whole order of sports uniform back as long as it is in its original packaging and with tags. When i spoke to MK, they described the sports uniform, and it did sound different. Well I think i will return the order and purchase from MK. It is dear compared compared to SWI, but i guess it is a requirement by the school. The actual school uniform-blazer and jumper, tie etc are the same- and cheaper with SWI. unless of course the school decides to change that as well :roll:

School hasn't answered my queries on clarification of the uniform- i guess they must be busy with exam format queries.
Tabbycat1995

Post by Tabbycat1995 »

Thanks Oshosh for taking the time to ring the companies and update us. I will call SWI tomorrow.

When I have looked at Monkhouse site, the only PE kit images is the same as that available from SWI. Maybe the new kit is those items on Monkhouse site, which state 'awaiting image'.

Best Tabby
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

Hi all

I have been informed by the Headmaster that anyone who has already purchased P.E kit can still use it. Although this helps, it does leave my DS as the kid with the old sports kit!!! :oops:

Really frustrating and apologies to all those who bought the kit that I suggested.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello tabby,

Yes the images which are not showing is the new ones. MK is awaiting for new stock to be delivered. I have now returned all of the rugby kit and pe kit to swi for refund and would later purchase from MK, even though it is twice the price :cry: My ds is quite particularto blend in with everyone. I have heard a email from the headteacher also suggesting we could still keep old design if already purchased, but if i could return it will be for the best.

The new design - there is a colour difference and the cut is more in style as described by the headteacher and MK.

Hope this helps.
Tabbycat1995

Post by Tabbycat1995 »

I have returned the PE kit to SWI and received a refund. Have phone Monkhouse at least twice and they say PE kit in the warehouse and will phone when available. Not a smooth transition with this new PE kit and as you say Oshosh, much more expensive.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Yes Tabbycat, we just have to wait for them let us know. But sources ( from school), said it might be 2weeks from now.
:)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now