First day of AGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Oshosh

First day of AGSB

Post by Oshosh »

Hello everyone,

What happens on the first day. Do parents drop children off at the school. I feel emotional thinking about this.

My Ds does not want to be dropped off. So he will be on his own. But i am worried. What actually happens. Do the new y7 go in at the same time as all the other boys.
Help please.

Thanks
NS1

Re: First day of AGSB

Post by NS1 »

On the first day I took my son to the main gate and then let him go in by himself. They were all going to the main hall and there were staff there helping them. With all the nerves and excitement, he didn't even look back and wave :(

The year 7 boys do not go in at the same time as all the other children. It will just be year 7.

Nothing to worry about, your son will be fine.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Different school! different area, but for the first day of my DD's year 7 there was no way she would have wanted me to drop her off. So we found three other children who would be travelling on the same train, although getting on at different stops, arranged which carriage they would meet on and bought their season tickets/loaded up their Oyster cards. I and one of the dads surreptitiously sat at the other end of the carriage just to make sure they got off at the right station. We'd already practised the walk from the station to the school so they knew how to do that bit. That was day one and they haven't needed us since.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

My son insisted on getting the bus on his own even on the first day- and we are quite a way out. I stood waving him off at the bus stop, I think he would actually die of embarrassment if I did this now. :lol: :lol:

After a few days , I just dropped and ran.

It seems like yesterday!! :D
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by Oshosh on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Just don't worry oshosh: he will be fine and will love his first day. It's far more of a shock to us parents as our littlies suddenly grow up and become all independent...
rimi01

Post by rimi01 »

Oshosh - Your posts will become "collectors items" :lol: . Though my son is still in Year 5, I am thankful for this little peep in future.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello rimi01,

I am glad my post is helping some people here.
But i am still worried abou the first day of AGSB. I might just put a day' leave and follow DS there.....not so sure DS will approve of this :roll:
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

Oshosh wrote:Hello rimi01,

I am glad my post is helping some people here.
But i am still worried abou the first day of AGSB. I might just put a day' leave and follow DS there.....not so sure DS will approve of this :roll:

Osh - you track my DS and I'll track your DS - we will be incognito and they will never know :lol:

Joking aside - my DS has to go 500 yards further than he currently does to his primary school yet it's still causing panic!

I'm sure they will be fine 8)
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Thanks Mr 147,

I think they will be all right....it is just me.... :cry:

Do you know if we could go for the open evening on 26 th of june....or is it only for boys doing the exam in sept.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now