Where is everybody??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rocky_robin

Re: Where is everybody??

Post by rocky_robin »

Vicster wrote:
rocky_robin wrote:We,re still awaiting the postman,hope we're not in for another 2 days of waiting.

Most of his friends have passed Sale but not Alty

Any news yet RockyRobin?
Are you in the catchment for Alty?
Nope and as it's now nearly 2pm I think we 're not getting them today.Annoying as his 2 mates on surrounding streets have had theirs

We are in the Alty catchment
rocky_robin

Post by rocky_robin »

newtothistoo wrote:We got 334R for alty....does that mean its the right school?? Got 370 at Sale..
That means the original score was within 13 marks of the pass mark and it has been uprated to a pass on review.Good stuff
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Poor you rocky robin, my friend hasn't had anything from Altrincham either although she received St A today. She lives in Stockport. Very proud of my DS he has passed for Altrincham and St A. We Are OOC for Alty but he has a good score so should be ok. Phew such a relief.
Last edited by wilmslowmum on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jc101

Post by Jc101 »

Hi,

My DD's score for AGGS is 343, and we live about 3 miles from the school, does anyone know her chances based on this?

Thanks
Good mum

Post by Good mum »

Hello, my daughter has achieved a qualifying score of 334 and we are 1.2 miles from school. What are the chances of her being offered a place? :roll:
fatsals

Post by fatsals »

Cut off is usually around 5.5 miles from AGGS, 1 and 3 miles are certain to be offered a place.
Elijo

Post by Elijo »

To both the previous posters. AGGS do not go on score, but distance to the school so it's not like the boys school. In previous years they seem to go out about 5 miles but someone else may be able to be a bit more specific! It's a big school and they take close to 200 girls so don't worry you should be fine. It is irrelevant what score they achieve as long as they pass.
Good mum

Post by Good mum »

Thanks a lot for the reassurance.
Jc101

Post by Jc101 »

Thanks for the reply Elijo.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Hello everyone, I'm just new to this wonderful forum. My DS score is 369 for Alty but still can't get a breath of relief as we're well out of catchment area in Stockport... in AGBS history, would this be a safe score? Thank you guys and goodluck to everyone.