Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Loreto?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:34 pm 

My daughter (Y4) is, I am reasonably confident, of Grammar school ability, but suffers a lot from anxiety about work and puts far too much pressure on herself. I wonder whether Loreto might suit her better than AGSG but we are Church of England (practising). Would she have any chance of getting a place? Historically, how many non-Catholics have got in?

Post subject: Re: Loreto?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:00 am 

My daughter went through Loreto. I my experience all the girls in her yr were catholic. Not sure about the year below as they had an extra class in that yr. I am being historic here as my daughter is now in sixth form. I think you would be very fortunate if you were offered a place it seems very oversubscribed with catholic girls unlike St Ambrose where some years have a few places left for none catholic boys. I guess it is always worth a try , i agree with you regards a little less pressure. Not all the girls are in the top 20% of the ability range they did a wonderful job with my daughter who wasnt an A* student but she achieved very good grades beyond her expectations with hard work and nurture from the school. In saying that she has moved on for sixth form , many of the girls did in her year, i think the strict enviroment is good for the girls but often makes them want a change come sixth form.