AGGS & SGS COMBINED TEST FOR 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Valmont

AGGS & SGS COMBINED TEST FOR 2016

Post by Valmont »

I was reading the SGS 2016 admissions policy last night and was astounded to read on the second page that for girls planning to apply to AGGS and SGS there is only one test to sit, the results are to be shared by both schools. The exam can be sat at either school.

In previous years the exams have been very different, so which school is changing? Nothing on the AGGS website as yet.
SashaO

Re: AGGS & SGS COMBINED TEST FOR 2016

Post by SashaO »

Hi Valmont,

Yes, we spoke here about this last week.
Im concerned about this too but from one side its good. However as I understand girls will have to prepare for CEM test now, not GL.

Tried to register today online for Sale but cant dicide where better to sit - AGGS ar sale on Monday.

I spoke to AGGS admissions and they told all info will be online after Easer holidays so hopefully this week everything will get more clear. :roll:
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

Just seen an update that AGGS confirmed CEM and test is on 14th September :(

Very dissapointed :shock:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Interesting that in the Sale FAQs the question as to 'Why September 14th?' is answered with,'A number of schools across the country are working with the University of Durham and this is the agreed date', when there are fifteen schools at least all running a CEM 11+ on Saturday 12th September. The info for all of these carrying the warning that if the applicant succeeds go taking the exam on more than one date, the score from the first sitting will be used for all the schools applied to.

Since there is no such warning on the Sale site, presumably it will be a completely different exam, and those of you desperate to give your DC a CEM practice run could register for e.g.Gloucestershire or Chelmsford County High School for Girls and make a dash down the motorway on the Saturday morning.

Or alternatively, please not...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

Agree, very strange. ABGS have exam on 12th as i know so 14th for AGGS and Sale is totally not understandable.
rionatheprincess

Post by rionatheprincess »

Not happy. If they count perform that day for any kind of reason then they are gone. Sale and Alty gals can do two sets of papers and girls can get the opportunity to sit twice. For last two years they are doing this just before the exam.
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

rionatheprincess wrote:Not happy. If they count perform that day for any kind of reason then they are gone. Sale and Alty gals can do two sets of papers and girls can get the opportunity to sit twice. For last two years they are doing this just before the exam.
Not sure if I have the correct gist of your message but this is the first time AGGS and SGS have sat the same exam.
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

Yes first time. And first time CEM.
rionatheprincess

Post by rionatheprincess »

@miltonkeynes Yes I know this is the first time. I want to mean last year there was lot of confusion whether they introduce English or not till the end and this year all of a sudden they changed to CEM paper .
Valmont

Post by Valmont »

DD1 joined AGGS in 2013, one of the main concerns at the first parents evening we went to was the (relatively) low standards in English for new intakes. This is one of the main reasons in moving to the CEM test, there is a much stronger emphasis on vocabulary, comprehension and grammar. The Maths and NVR syllabus are very similar to GL.

AGGS failed to implement the CEM test for 2015 entry after a successful last minute appeal by a prospective parent.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now