Entrance Exam on Religious Holiday?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wigwam12

Entrance Exam on Religious Holiday?

Post by wigwam12 »

Just noticed the Urmston Entrance Exam is the same date as Eid Festival and Stretford Exam is a couple days later (ie might get caught up in this).

Is there any penalty or adverse impact in sitting the exam on the potential alternative date?
wigwam12

Re: Entrance Exam on Religious Holiday?

Post by wigwam12 »

From Stretford Site I have answered one bit of my own question - the results for the alternative date will not be available until AFTER the 31st Oct Deadline for Preference Form.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

wigwam12 wrote:From Stretford Site I have answered one bit of my own question - the results for the alternative date will not be available until AFTER the 31st Oct Deadline for Preference Form.
I suppose one could argue discrimination on religious grounds if one really feels that one's child cannot take the test on the main date, but the practical implication is that one will be putting one or two schools on the CAF before knowing whether s/he qualifies for consideration for a place. If you have enough spaces on your LEA's form, you may not feel that this is a particular problem; a: it is just going back to the pre-Admissions Code situation and b: if you would instigate a 'non-qualification' appeal anyway should the worst happen, then you need to have applied to and been turned down by the school to be able to do this.

That being said, most areas do manage to fit in a reserve date in time to give results before 31st October. Does this school explain why they cannot?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Urmston have confirmed the results from the alternative date will be available on same day as normal exam sitters.

Out of curiosity what is a non-qualification appeal?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

An appeal if the score achieved is not high enough to be offered a place http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... lification" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;