Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TizWoz

AGGS open day

Post by TizWoz »

Hi all,

Hope someone can offer some insight..

We're just starting out on our 11 plus journey. My dd is currently in y3, she's bright and capable and really keen on getting into a good grammar school (her choice)... but at the same time is reluctant to put the work in and is very difficult to motivate!

I was thinking about taking her along to the AGGS open day, hopefully seeing the school might motivate her to put the work in...(without pressuring her too much)

Just worried that it might be a bit too early? Has anyone else gone along to these open days with younger children? I'm aware they are geared for y5's?

Appreciate any info... thank you :)
enema

Re: AGGS open day

Post by enema »

We went to a GS open evening in year 3 which my child found really useful, if only to get an idea of how secondary school differs. She was enthusiastic about the visit afterwards, it was the first time she'd thought about life after primary. We went to AGGS open day in year 4, which again was helpful. I think its fine to go in year 3 as if you find you have no nearby secondary schools you're happy with, moving home may become relevant and you need loads of time for this to take place so visiting this early is being well prepared.
TizWoz

Re: AGGS open day

Post by TizWoz »

Hi enema.. Thanks for your reply! That was my reasoning too. Just wanted reassurance that it wasn't ridiculously early to attend one of these. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now