Good luck for AGSB tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TIDDLYMUM

Good luck for AGSB tomorrow

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Just a quick good luck message for boys sitting the exam tomorrow. Last tips-sound obvious but you would be surprised the number of people who are speeding up at the last minute or even worse looking for directions as they have never been to the school ( honestly !!)

Allow plenty of time
Park well away from school , recommend somewhere in Alty town centre and then a nice calm walk up- its mad near the school so don't even attempt to park close by.
There will be a queue and it will be long, but everyone will get in!
The staff are really nice once they get in the class room, they do their best to keep the boys calm and the year my son sat they gave them a fun puzzle task to settle them in. The boy next to my son was very stressed, and his mum didn't help by hovering all over him till the last minute. Just say a quick 'good luck do your best' and then leave them alone!

My son is in lower sixth and will be helping out.

I remember how I felt myself :? :lol:
Happyface

Re: Good luck for AGSB tomorrow

Post by Happyface »

Thank you... we,re not sitting Agsb but AGGS/sale , but I guess rhe same advice applies.
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

Great tips, thank you!

My DS taking the exam. At the moment everything seems calm and postive with him but I will admit to a few butterflies beginning for me!

May do as you advise and park in Alty.

This time tomorrow it will be in the past!

Good luck everyone!
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

Best of luck all. We did it last year.
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

They are in!

Queues were soo long but everything seemed quite organised and efficient.

DS was calm until we were in the queue he declared he had forgotten all his NVR!

Felt a bit wobbly when had to leave him to walk in on his own...

Good luck to everyone's DSs.
cleo

Post by cleo »

Well I'm glad that is over and done with never mind DS :lol: :lol: He was a lot happier coming out then going in but I think that has got to do with the exam being done. Sale on Monday and then Stretford.

I have to say the school were very organised with the way they managed to get them all in calmly. They must have been over a 1000 children there today. Just feel for the ones that don't get in after all the hard work they have done towards it...have reassured my DS that I am very proud of him no matter what the outcome. Just come back from a lovely family meal in a restaurant of his choice. :D

He is having the rest of the day off then tomorrow he has to practice the CEM papers which we have not done ...just been focusing on GL. :oops: :oops: The maths and non verbal contents are the same as GL its just the English that he needs to know how to complete. Never done CEM before but I am assuming if he is a good avid reader ... as long as he understands the format of the questions he should have a decent enough chance. Bearing in mind he has developed additional vocabulary when completing Verbal reasoning papers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now