Exams over - What Now? Shrink wanted

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ManYou

Exams over - What Now? Shrink wanted

Post by ManYou »

Glad it's over, but how does one pass the time until results day?

It's gonna be at the "back\front\back\front" of my mind for the next 3 weeks - Help, any shrinks out there?
neveragainmum

Re: Exams over - What Now? Shrink wanted

Post by neveragainmum »

I know exactly what you mean, its at the front of my mind all the time so perhaps more mad than you. Ive been trying to convince ds and myself that the local comp is a great school to soften the blow that really I am expecting due to sheer numbers applying to grammars in my neck of the woods. We are also trying out for scholarships and bursaries at independents and interviews start only this week, so this is keeping us busy. I regularly trawl posts on here drawing solidarity and strength, so glad this forum is around for people like us.
neveragainmum

Post by neveragainmum »

I know exactly what you mean, its at the front of my mind all the time so perhaps more mad than you. Ive been trying to convince ds and myself that the local comp is a great school to soften the blow that really I am expecting due to sheer numbers applying to grammars in my neck of the woods. We are also trying out for scholarships and bursaries at independents and interviews start only this week, so this is keeping us busy. I regularly trawl posts on here drawing solidarity and strength, so glad this forum is around for people like us.

Im going so mad ive even posted twice!
SashaO

Post by SashaO »

Im on your team too. But the worst thing for me is even if we pass, it still doesnt mean that we been offered a place by LA what means a long wait till Spring :?

neveraianmum, could you advise regarding scholarships? I checked with St.Bedes only and they told max they can offer is 25% what is still too expensive.

Thank you.
neveragainmum

Post by neveragainmum »

I'm in a different region (London) to this one, I read all the new posts and respond if I have anything to add, wherever you all may live. In London various independant schools offer scholarships up to 50% and may also offer a bursary for remaining fees. However all are mostly also dependent on a child doing exceptionally well in their exam. Ask the school what they have to offer, and also approach other schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now