for parents whose sons sitting in 2016 for AGSB and SGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
beenish

for parents whose sons sitting in 2016 for AGSB and SGS

Post by beenish »

my ds appearing in 2016 for sale grammar as well as altrincham boys grammar. first preference will be altrincham boys. sgs has cem format and agsb has old GL format. i need advice from the parents whose sons are sitting for both schools next year. i have felt it has become quite hard for the boys . apart from bond pratice papers for maths , vr and nvr (for old GL prep) now my son has also to prepare for CEM. this means a lot of books he has to cover . How are the parents preparing their child? my son has to work really hard now as if i count the books its almost 20 or more. he is on bond series 10-11 years. we are of course not sure about the AGSB format may be they would change to CEM. What should be done in this scenario? just focus on GL format more and little bit of CEM as first preference is AGSB?
bookaddict

Re: for parents whose sons sitting in 2016 for AGSB and SGS

Post by bookaddict »

I'd encourage your DS to read and be read to and play word and maths games together. CEM is very language based and the more your DS reads and understands words and language in context the better. Why not go through a test paper yourself, timed, just to understand what your DS is going to experience. It will certainly be an eye opener!