AGSB Results to be posted on 15th Oct

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Olliesmum

Re: AGSB Results to be posted on 15th Oct

Post by Olliesmum »

Ha ha! I wish I could just sleep it out until Saturday morning!
The St Ambrose website says they will post out the results to parents 'by Fri 16th Oct' - does that mean posting first class on Friday?? Urmston Grammar said they are also posting on Friday... so we may know both results on Saturday!!

Dilemna...do we hang around for the postman - or go to DS's football match at 10.30am as planned?? I won't be able to do anything other than think about the post all through the match!! :roll:
cleo

Post by cleo »

I have been busy at work over the past few weeks and bringing work home which has prevented me from over thinking about the results. However, I have a feeling that no amount of work will preoccupy my mind until I (ds) has opened the letter (s) :!:

Will it be first or second class post? Not that it makes much difference. I hope it does come by Saturday as I leave for work at 7.30 and do not get hime till 6. I don't think I could bear work knowing the letter was waiting for me at home.

Oh gosh next week is going to be a difficult one. Good luck everyone. :) :)
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

Alty boys going out today!!!

Probably will spend the rest of the day rocking back and forth in a corner.
bookaddict

Post by bookaddict »

I don't think my DC is aware results are coming, but I was always planning on opening the post! :P
Thursday Alty boys sent out this evening!
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

If they post them today am, there is a chance of a second post delivery, it has happened before. It all depends on their arrival at the sorting office. Anyone desperate enough to ring them..
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

I'm not man enough to ring up. The head admin lady scares me. She's tall and commanding!

Did anyone go to the information evening at AGSB in June by the way? They played an audio recording of the presentation together with a slide show. So no live person talking to us.

Was a bit eerie.
elizabethswan

Post by elizabethswan »

Yes, I saw the presentation, it was very take it or leave it, most other schools make much more of an effort, probably they think they don't need to.
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

Maybe you're right, elizabethswan. They know they are highly sought after so don't need to wine and dine us. Having said that, I did find it a warm and encouraging environment at the open day.

From what some other parents have told me, aggs was a bit more aloof.

Some of DH relatives popping in later. Will bake them a cake to use up an hour and then sitting with them with a false smile plastered across my insincere face will use up another couple of hours.

Have decided to visualise a positive outcome, if only to feel how it would feel to get a good result. If we get a negative result, at least I would have sampled a taste of how a positive result would have felt.

Yes, completely lost it now!
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

:lol: :lol: you really made me laugh BF.. lovely to see how you are spending/ passing time. Trust me though: visualising a positive result is a killer!! makes you feel EVEN more how badly you want it hehehe
on a different note, on the plus side, only a handful of girls sat aggs this year ( as obvious from this forum's presence :wink:
so nothing to worry about there!
bookaddict

Post by bookaddict »

Brainfreeze wrote:Maybe you're right, elizabethswan. They know they are highly sought after so don't need to wine and dine us. Having said that, I did find it a warm and encouraging environment at the open day.

From what some other parents have told me, aggs was a bit more aloof.

Some of DH relatives popping in later. Will bake them a cake to use up an hour and then sitting with them with a false smile plastered across my insincere face will use up another couple of hours.

Have decided to visualise a positive outcome, if only to feel how it would feel to get a good result. If we get a negative result, at least I would have sampled a taste of how a positive result would have felt.

Yes, completely lost it now!
BF this is hilarious!
Have a glass of wine (or two) tonight!