AGGS consultation 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catseye

Re: AGGS consultation 2017

Post by Catseye »

I don't think making personal attacks is helpful to the discussion.
If you have something to contribute regarding inclusion of PP then make your case.

btw I have done a search of BNS posts he/she was a ardent supporter of selective education -diametrically on the other side of the political fence to me :roll:

Anyway, kind regards.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Altymumof2, I stopped paying any attention to this particular contributor's posts several months ago, as it became wearisome to hear AGSB continually getting slagged off by a keyboard warrior, who ironically had wanted a place there...
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

AGSB old boy wrote:Altymumof2, I stopped paying any attention to this particular contributor's posts several months ago, as it became wearisome to hear AGSB continually getting slagged off by a keyboard warrior, who ironically had wanted a place there...
True AGSB old boy and perhaps that could be the reason for all the negative posts? (under which ever username the member is using at that time! ).
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

I have never slagged off AGSB -the only previous reference I have made is in a discussion about MGS and AGSB.
Where I simply clarified that AGSB is not a super-selective school, which it is not.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 25&t=40002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and my closing statement was"we are very happy with AGGS as should anyone who gets into such a fabulous school as AGSB :D and for nowt"
So unless you can reference any negative remark wrt AGSB attributable to myself , I think is unfair to persist with these unfounded accusations, I like the school very much.

The only problem I have is some of the bad language used when they think they are out of earshot of adults,but I am sure that is true of my children also , who are no angels themselves.

btw my DS was offered a place on results day but we declined(or more accurately my son did :mrgreen: ) the boys an idiot and does not understand the value of £30k, although with the disgraceful reduction in the funding for 6th forms in the state sector, maybe it will turn out for best.
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

I agree that by definition super selectives award places only according to score and not by catchment - I have relatives in London and I know of the different problems that creates whereby local children who are very able struggle to get local grammar school places.

This thread is now very off the OP's topic and perhaps needs rebranding.....

Having said that, I would like to raise another point. Catseye refers back to postings in 2014 where AGSB and MGS were compared and there is also the interesting data from the Good Schools Guide in that same thread. No one seems to have mentioned that there is a second selection process at A level - by the time you compare A level results you are not looking at the same cohort as sat the entrance exams. Pupils have to be invited to continue to 6th form at AGSB or MGS depending on GCSE results. I don't see how comparing A level results tells us how the original group of entrance exam candidates actually fared.

And prospective parents of secondary school children should remember that results are not everything - I would love my sons to get great A levels but I am just as concerned that they turn into well adjusted young men who believe in themselves and appreciate whatever opportunities come their way.

LM2