706 Parrswood - Alty - Please complain if you use this bus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TIDDLYMUM

Re: 706 Parrswood - Alty - Please complain if you use this b

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

So who is running the service now then?

My son said there were lots more boys and girls on the public 370 last week.
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Hi Tiddlymum, I think it is Stagecoach, it was a Magic Bus. First day today the bus was almost half an hour late at Heald Green, lets hope it was just a one off! Ds was late and his very unsympathetic teacher told him to get to the bus stop earlier in future or get another bus, honestly how silly, new tutor who has come back early from maternity leave, probably doesn't really want to be there! My DS did comment that he could easily get a seat last week, he thought it was great, so many of the pupils had found an alternative.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Hi Wilmslowmum.

Yes, it's definitely Stagecoach. Perhaps they sent two 706's though - the one my sons got on this morning was a standard orange and white Stagecoach double decker. It was slightly early picking up at their stop on Cheadle Road, but because loads of kids were buying passes from the driver and asking what concessions were available it was around 10 mins late getting to Heald Green. My youngest got a weekly pass for £6.75 - so much cheaper than it was last week with Travelmaster (£9.00 a day return) and even cheaper than it had been when Travelmaster accepted weekly young persons passes (£9.85 a week). The bus dropped them off on Hale Road a little later than usual, but they were still in school by 08:35, so weren't late for registration. Hopefully will be smoother tomorrow morning. AND THE THE BUS HAD WIFI :shock: :D
I think it was so quiet last week was because Travelmaster had hiked the prices so much that people were trying alternatives - I drove mine into school 4 of the 5 mornings, but it wasn't a sustainable solution...
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Yes, my son said it was Stagecoach.

For sixth formers , if you get an NUS extra card for £12 a year , you can buy a Unirider for £205.00 that lasts from sept to June ( I think) , that can be used on all Stagecoach and I think magic buses as well ( need to check that out). As long as they don't lose it, it will work out cheaper than an adult stagecoach weekly pass and then it's done for the year.

Glad it's all sorted for you all.
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Perhaps there was a slight exageration on DS's part! He was late though. Do you buy the £6.75 pass on the bus? I purchased the usual saver pass at £9.95.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Yes, he got the £6.75 pass on the bus this morning. It might be called a Megarider. Happy days...
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

For those using Stagecoach, I would try to have a back up plan because they are not very reliable. I sometimes use them to get to work and they very often run late and frequently buses are just missing. There is no live information on their electronic displays at bus stops either (if any at all). Last week a journey which used to take 35 mins took 90 minutes :evil:

LM2
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now