Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:16 pm 

Could someone please explain how languages are chosen/allocated at Alty Boys in year 7. Do the boys choose 2 from 3, and is this form dependent !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:58 am 

You will get information via post and can select preferences of languages, but these are not guaranteed. DS1 listed Spanish and French, but was allocated French and German. DS2 listedSpanish and French, but was given Spanish and German. You can't change these as the whole form will do the same languages. Language 1 for the first half of the year and language 2 during the second half of the year. They start languages from scratch and my boys have had no issues.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:37 pm 

NS1 wrote:
You will get information via post and can select preferences of languages, but these are not guaranteed. DS1 listed Spanish and French, but was allocated French and German. DS2 listedSpanish and French, but was given Spanish and German. You can't change these as the whole form will do the same languages. Language 1 for the first half of the year and language 2 during the second half of the year. They start languages from scratch and my boys have had no issues.

The forms are divided depending on the languages they are taking. So if your DS has a buddy he wants to be in the same class as they need to request the same languages.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:21 pm 

The forms are divided depending on the languages they are taking. So if your DS has a buddy he wants to be in the same class as they need to request the same languages.[/quote]

It may be worth checking if that is true as my DS identified 2 friends he wanted to be with and the three of them had different language preferences, but ended up in the same form.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:42 pm 

I'm sure that's true NS1, I just thought it was worth mentioning as the forms are divided based on the languages they are taking.