Four grammar schools having one exam this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wangxiaosara

Four grammar schools having one exam this year

Post by wangxiaosara »

Just seen the confirmation on the website, AGGS, Sale, Stretford and Urmston are all in one exam this year. Only one chance, extra stress on our DCs.
FluffyCat

Re: Four grammar schools having one exam this year

Post by FluffyCat »

That's how they do it in Gloucestershire. One exam for seven schools. I have always thought of it as less stress. They all have slightly different pass marks and not all children ask to be considered by all schools, so each has different cohorts sitting the exam.
enema

Post by enema »

Sounds like Stretford haved moved to CEM with a few months notice.

"The entrance test consists of two tests, each approximately one hour in length, containing questions which assess verbal, non-verbal and mathematics skills."
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Full circle - going back to something similar to the old style 11+. AGSB has not joined in as yet though it would seem.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

FluffyCat wrote:That's how they do it in Gloucestershire. One exam for seven schools. I have always thought of it as less stress. They all have slightly different pass marks and not all children ask to be considered by all schools, so each has different cohorts sitting the exam.
Yes, that's how we looked at it with the CSSE here, too (although one of the girls' grammars pulled out of the consortium a couple of years ago, so good news if you have a DD who enjoys being entered for exams, I suppose :) ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now