Y7 ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bookaddict

Y7 ...

Post by bookaddict »

As the exams are almost over for our region how are the newbie Y7 feeling?
DC seems to be settling in ok - the overwhelmed feeling gone and steadily remembering name of class friends. Waiting now for DC to join groups at school and currently coping ok with homework.
School sends a huge amount of emails!
Mandy21

Re: Y7 ...

Post by Mandy21 »

2 x Y7s here (drowning in paperwork).

I suppose its a change for us as parents too. I was still doing some drop offs / collection at primary so there was always a chance for a quick chat with the teacher if they weren't sure about something, and of course there was only one teacher to ask. I think they each have 14 or 16 teachers - so almost 30 - ha ha. I will be lucky if I can remember who is who by the end of the year. DS had a sports match on Saturday morning - full uniform and dropped off by 8. Collection 1pm (my husband followed the coach in the car - slightly OTT but wanted to watch him play!!)

Some homework tasks seem very easy - decorate book. Others - write a piece (2 sides of A4) with research and present it in a "novel" fashion, in 2 days time, are slightly stressful!

So far so good.
Homebird

Post by Homebird »

My DD has just started at Stretford Grammar and I am so far very impressed. They are really going out of their way to help the children and parents settle including having weekly drop ins for Year 7 parents and lots of informative letters and emails.
So far my DD is doing really well and is very happy. The Headteacher eats lunch every day with the new children in a bid to get to know them personally and also stands outside school daily chatting to parents and pupils as they arrive and leave school. So far so good! Hope it stays this way.
bookaddict

Post by bookaddict »

Homebird wrote:My DD has just started at Stretford Grammar and I am so far very impressed. They are really going out of their way to help the children and parents settle including having weekly drop ins for Year 7 parents and lots of informative letters and emails.
So far my DD is doing really well and is very happy. The Headteacher eats lunch every day with the new children in a bid to get to know them personally and also stands outside school daily chatting to parents and pupils as they arrive and leave school. So far so good! Hope it stays this way.
WOW! :D Stretford certainly knows how to settle their children, this sounds amazing!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now