AGGS entry 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
enema

AGGS entry 2018

Post by enema »

Another year and another proposed change... After LAC, the next category for determining admission if oversubscribed is being in receipt of pupil premium. No specified quantity this time...

"Applicants residing in the school’s catchment area who are in receipt of pupil premium."
Time doesn't fly

Re: AGGS entry 2018

Post by Time doesn't fly »

Surely that is a good way to go in terms of increasing social mobility?
enema

Post by enema »

Definitely. Access to tuition/preparation may be a barrier though. Local areas within catchment such as Wythenshawe - where there may be higher numbers of eligible applicants - are under Manchester's LA, and therefore do no prep within primary schools for Trafford's selective tests.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

The 2nd category after LAC (in the current policy) is girls within catchment in receipt of pupil premium - but the priority is limited to the first 10. They're just removing the cap on 10 places.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

enema wrote:Local areas within catchment such as Wythenshawe - where there may be higher numbers of eligible applicants - are under Manchester's LA, and therefore do no prep within primary schools for Trafford's selective tests.
Which state primaries in the 8 mile radius do prep for Trafford Schools(including those in Trafford itself)?

I'm not aware of any, prep schools do.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Catseye wrote:
enema wrote:Local areas within catchment such as Wythenshawe - where there may be higher numbers of eligible applicants - are under Manchester's LA, and therefore do no prep within primary schools for Trafford's selective tests.
Which state primaries in the 8 mile radius do prep for Trafford Schools(including those in Trafford itself)?

I'm not aware of any, prep schools do.
I think schools are not allowed to overtly prep for the exams, but I think quite a few now do low-key prep now - some of the homework will include NVR for instance, I know of one school that put on classes before school for anyone entering the exams.
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

My daughter's state primary ran weekly after-school sessions from January
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

The state primary that my DCs go to does a fortnightly club after school from January of Year 5..

Also several VR and NVR tests through years 4 and 5 to feed back results at parents evening as a guide to whether DC is in the right ball park.