Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: General Trafford Stuff
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:57 pm 
I'm not sure if we're small in numbers or just maybe numbed by fear as the day approaches. The exam is now less than 4 weeks away and we aren't talking - come on Trafford!
Can anybody help with information on arrangements for the day - we've heard nothing yet and the time draws near. When do we get formal details of arrangements?
Is anybody aware of the existence of standardisation tables - I would like to be able to have a chance of understanding what raw scores in practice tests mean. Surely they are available somewhere?
Has anybody got any tips, general or Trafford specific, that might help us get through this ordeal?

Lets speak up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:42 am 

Dear getting nervous

I am not an expert on Trafford.....the following links may answer some of your questions

http://www.trafford.gov.uk/cme/live/welcome.asp?id=3146

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/standa ... scores.php

http://www.nfer.ac.uk/research-areas/as ... -ranks.cfm

Patricia

Post subject: Yes but,
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:25 pm 
Thanks Patricia, it all helps at this stage!
The problem I have, is that last year the required standardised score to pass the 11+ was 353. We are led to believe that this year, the required standardised score to pass is 353.
Why can't we see the tables that were used to generate the standardised scores last year?
It would be great to have an indication (I don't need a guarantee) of how our raw score is likely to look after standardisation.
I appreciate that there may be different numbers of questions this year, but I have a calculator!
Isn't the lack of information only good for sales of practice materials and bank balances of tutors?

Post subject: Yes but,
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:26 pm 
Thanks Patricia, it all helps at this stage!
The problem I have, is that last year the required standardised score to pass the 11+ was 353. We are led to believe that this year, the required standardised score to pass is 353.
Why can't we see the tables that were used to generate the standardised scores last year?
It would be great to have an indication (I don't need a guarantee) of how our raw score is likely to look after standardisation.
I appreciate that there may be different numbers of questions this year, but I have a calculator!
Isn't the lack of information only good for sales of practice materials and bank balances of tutors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:32 pm 

Hi, I'm sterting ti get nervous also :? I have been told that 75% should be enough to gain a pass, but 80% would guarantee it. This is just gossip from the school gates. If anyone else has any more information I'd be pleased to hear it. Never mind only 4 more weeks until it is all over!

Post subject: Apathy!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:19 pm 

Dougal, looks like there's only you and me awake, very confusing!
Check your personal messages for more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:45 pm 
Hi Chaps

Not sure if this is of any help, but there is a plethora of general information on Trafford in the main section of the website:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plus-trafford.php