11+ pass mark.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
boristhebear09

11+ pass mark.

Post by boristhebear09 »

I'm aware of the fact that the 11+ results are given a standardised mark for each child but was wondering if anyone knows what the actual pass mark is and if there is a table available with how that relates to the raw scores? Or does this change each year?

Thanks BB :)
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

236 is the magic number your child needs to get to pass with 280 being maximum score. How the pass rate and scores are worked out remains a mystery to nail biting parents every year. I think there have been web links given out on this forum before- as I remember myself trying to plough through the information given on raw scores and standardised scores. But I never got anywhere with it. So good luck and remember that if your child finds one particular paper hard/easy it's likely the other children will too. And your child's raw score will be standardised along with all other children who are of the same age. I'm no expert just a parent who went through the 11+ two years running so if any of the info I've given is incorrect I hope someone will correct me. :D
boristhebear09

Post by boristhebear09 »

Thanks a lot for that. It's so difficult to find out information about the marking system. That's why I wondered if the pass mark changed each year. It's helpful to know what your child should be aiming for and whether or not you're being realistic in even entering them in for the exam in the first place!

:)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now