St.Anselm's Governor's Entrance Examination

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wirralian

St.Anselm's Governor's Entrance Examination

Post by Wirralian »

Does anybody know what type of VR St.Anselm's use in their entrance exam? Any advice greatly appreciated! :roll:
Maybelle

Re: St.Anselm's Governor's Entrance Examination

Post by Maybelle »

Hi.
Unlike the other Grammars, St Anselm's set three tests. Maths, VR and English. I'm sending you a short p.m... :)

M
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
Maybelle

Re: St.Anselm's Governor's Entrance Examination

Post by Maybelle »

Hi There,
I've decided it might be helpful if I posted some more information, about the test, here...
As I mentioned before, unlike the other Grammars (including Upton Hall), Anselm's split their test into three parts. Maths, English and NFER based VR. :shock: It might sound daunting - but they like to see how the boys perform across the board - and as your DS will only have to "pass" two of the three then it can actually be of benefit to you / them?

(Just dont quote me on this...) :wink:
My boys are now year 9 and 6th form - but as I recall, the pass marks were:
English:Max score 100%, pass 55%. Maths:Max 100%, pass 55%. Verbal Reasoning:Max Score 140 (marks) pass mark 120. The differences between 120 - 140 is to standardize the result according to age.
e.g. As the tests can vary from school to school (and year to year) then there is no definite working out / figures I can give you. But (very vaguely) it can mean that a DS who is 10yrs 3 months with an 86% correct score might earn 120 marks (and so pass), but a child who is 11yrs 1 month might need 90% pass to achieve the same 120 score - Clear as mud, to me :oops: :roll:
M
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now