Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:08 pm 

Does anybody know what type of VR St.Anselm's use in their entrance exam? Any advice greatly appreciated! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 pm 

Hi.
Unlike the other Grammars, St Anselm's set three tests. Maths, VR and English. I'm sending you a short p.m... :)

M

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 am 

Hi There,
I've decided it might be helpful if I posted some more information, about the test, here...
As I mentioned before, unlike the other Grammars (including Upton Hall), Anselm's split their test into three parts. Maths, English and NFER based VR. :shock: It might sound daunting - but they like to see how the boys perform across the board - and as your DS will only have to "pass" two of the three then it can actually be of benefit to you / them?

(Just dont quote me on this...) :wink:
My boys are now year 9 and 6th form - but as I recall, the pass marks were:
English:Max score 100%, pass 55%. Maths:Max 100%, pass 55%. Verbal Reasoning:Max Score 140 (marks) pass mark 120. The differences between 120 - 140 is to standardize the result according to age.
e.g. As the tests can vary from school to school (and year to year) then there is no definite working out / figures I can give you. But (very vaguely) it can mean that a DS who is 10yrs 3 months with an 86% correct score might earn 120 marks (and so pass), but a child who is 11yrs 1 month might need 90% pass to achieve the same 120 score - Clear as mud, to me :oops: :roll:
M