Anxious

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bebington

Anxious

Post by Bebington »

Just wanting to know if anybody found out today? I heard a few schools have let parents know today.

This waiting and not knowing is awful especially when I know our postman didn't arrive till 4pm today due to a staff shortage. Hope it's sorted by tomorrow or I may offer to deliver the post myself..
newbie but stressed

Post by newbie but stressed »

Hi Bebington,

No one was told at my daughter school...Headteacher went missing today acording to my daughter.. Obviously knows something we don't :cry:

I've taken the day off work (better to be at home sulking than work)

Post usually comes here 10.30 so if he's not here by then I'm going out to look for him in the car... :cry:

I can't face not getting the post tomorrow. My friend last year did not receive at all and had was told to phone tuesday if not received... she had to wait till then to phone to be eventually told her son passed.. I think I'll be a nervous wreck by tuesday....

I wish you good luck...Please let us know how it goes..

NBS
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Lol.. I can just see all these mad parents trying to track down postmen tomorrow morning!!!
Your poor friend, the thought of waitng longer than tomorrow fills me with dread..
I will let you know one way or the other, please do the same and I wish you all the best.. (Which school are you wanting a place at Wirral or West Kirby?)
newbie but stressed

Wirral Grammar first choice then

Pensby Girls second choice... (if she is unsuccessful).

Pensby still has a decent Ofsted report and would be happy for her to go... So it's not the end of the world ..
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Here here..
Well hopefully I will see you on the boards tomorrow.. let me know..
Take care..
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Bebbington and Newbie but Stressed

Hope you both receive the news of your desires.

Would be lovely if you could stick around, helping future11 plussers.

Its now down to both of you to spread the word about this website!!!

Patricia
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Thanks patricia, I will be checking this site out quite abit now I have found it.. It passed quite afew tense hours last night and has been a great source of help..
I don't think the problem is people finding the site it seems to have quite a few hits on the messages just a lack of responses but I will be passing it on to future parents going through the same tense time..

Stressed out have you heard anything yet?
newbie but stressed

Hi patricia,

yes I'll be definately sticking around after this. The help has been invaluable and I intend to assist others... At times I felt like I have lived in Bucks or Essex due to the lack of posts here so I spent most of my time looking at the comments and appeals..of Bucks.. Which has been tough to read..

Still no post here either..

Took the kids to School and decided to go for a long walk 1 Hour..

Walked past 3 Postmen on my journey but not a sight of mine.... :x

I had a dream last night which was the first one about this 11+ I have ever had and she didn't make it... So if dreams come through then I don't like it.

Good luck and whatever the outcome I sincerely appreciate all the assistance you give to us...

NBS
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Ok pass mark is 236 and this tutor has had 4 calls all passes..
Were is the postman?
newbie but stressed

right that's it I'm off out to look for him... :lol: